little help please giys

3 replies to this topic
  • JayJayUK

Posted June 10, 2006 - 06:34 AM

Hiya guys, I need a little help if possible.......'05 WR450F all free mods except grey wire plus fuel screw and DEP enduro end can, air box snorkel and r/h side holes...... I have set cab up like this....45 to 60 degrees: 170 main, #4, 48 Pilot, 1.75 turns. I am from England UK and ride at about 500ft above sea level(150-160 mtrs) mostly temperature is in the above range although hotter at the moment.

Now low speed and throttle to half way all okay, but where I notice a problem is the road ride I have to do to find off road fun, at half throttle and over if at constant throttle when I open throttle to accelerate there is a delay(doesnt pick up quickly) and then all of a sudden whoosh there it is.
All help greatly received . Thanks JayJayUK

• simon@vic

Posted June 10, 2006 - 07:39 AM

try a different needle!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper_Bloke

Posted June 10, 2006 - 07:43 AM

Did ya search all te jetting threads? I know there's a ton of them, but the answer is in there! I had to play ALOT with the accelerator pump to get the bog to go away. I had the carb completely off to check the amount of "squirt" that comes out of the accelerator pump when the throttle is opened quickly. There's a cover on the right side of the carb that has the accelerator pump timing screw. With this cover off, you can watch the linkage actuate the pump. Play with the timing screw, keep track of how many turns you move it. Try anti-clockwise first.

• Matty05

Posted June 10, 2006 - 03:23 PM

Just raise the needle to #5 for the moment.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.