HONDA CRF vs XR

23 replies to this topic
  • uncleroby

Posted June 13, 2006 - 12:11 AM

Well then let me live in the past.
A lot of WRF's that are a few years old are starting to hand grenade here in OZ.
If i want to live in recent history i will ride my cr500 and in a straight line blow the doors off any modern new fangled race bike.

I know what you are talking about as I own a XR650R :excuseme:

But I reckon the 450X, as tho other race bike, is a great bike, fast, easy to handle.
I guess Honda could add more oil and a more reliable engine, something like the DRZ400E and leave the CRF450R for mx and enduro race.

• weskc35k

Posted June 13, 2006 - 12:58 AM

Roby i could buy a new CRF or CRF/X any time i want to but am happy with what i have.
The newer bikes that ride at my MX track shure they feel nice,the missus has a 06 KXF250 the eldest boy has an 06 crf250 06 450's and 250's come here all the time but the 500 is king and the way i have set up my xr650 it rocks around my track as it is a sandy power robbing track the big girl feels like a BIG MX bike.
No like you say i am happy to live in the past.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • uncleroby

Posted June 13, 2006 - 01:57 AM

Then it depends on the track: I live close to the Alps and trails here are tight and steep then there are some "tractor trails" where the BRP is really fun!

I enjoy my BRP as I use it even on mountains pavement roads and there is really hell-on-wheels :excuseme:

I hope all brands will go back soon to the XR philosophy...

• BigBoreRacing

Posted June 13, 2006 - 09:31 AM

No like you say i am happy to live in the past.

If it ain't broke.....don't fix it! :excuseme:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.