WR carb help please

4 replies to this topic
  • johnnyjeep

Posted June 09, 2006 - 09:32 PM

Ive got my 06 carb pulled out to the side ready to take it apart to jet it but my question is what is the best way to get the pilot screw plug out?

John in Vegas

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted June 09, 2006 - 09:35 PM

Got a pic? My '04 wr450 carb didnt have a anti-tamper plug, but i've seen plugs like this before. I once had to use a small drill but, and carefully drill into it very shallow like. then screwed in a sheet metal screw, then used vice grips to yank it out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BajaFool

Posted June 09, 2006 - 09:42 PM

CAREFULLY take off the float bowl and push the anti-tamper plug out from the inside. Carefully means a good screwdriver, not the one you use as a drift punch. Make sure you are straight on the screw head. Use lots of down force. If you strip the head out, come back with an email and the forum will advise you on your next step. GOOD LUCK!!!!! :applause:

• Stickshift

Posted June 10, 2006 - 07:46 PM

I tried to drill a shallow plug in the plug as described above, and the plug came out during the drilling, before I could even try to thread a screw into it! Piece of cake...

• johnnyjeep

Posted June 10, 2006 - 07:50 PM

thanks, I just screwed a sheetrock screw in it by hand and it fell out. Now I up to my next problem (different post).

John in Vegas

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.