OEM Parts for 450

11 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted June 09, 2006 - 10:53 AM

Hello everyone.I am pretty sure that i will be purchasing a yamaha 450 when the 07 model is released.I have been on honda for along time now but the blue bike has really got my attention.I just wonder about parts for it.Out of curiousity i looked up oem parts for both to compare and the yamaha was more expensive in every category.Do you guys have a cheaper place to shop?I hope that i get something figuered out cause this could keep me from buying one.I know that the radiators for the yamaha were a good 100 dollars more!Please post if you know of a good oem parts place for yamaha parts.Thanks for the help!

• bg10459

Posted June 09, 2006 - 11:46 AM

Zanotti Motors and the TT store are both "wholesale" dealers and have the best prices I have found, usually within a few dollars of each other.

Posted June 09, 2006 - 12:03 PM

• grayracer513

Posted June 09, 2006 - 12:22 PM

What OEM parts do you expect that you'll need to buy, exactly? If you don't crash a lot, you won't be needing much for quite a while.

• kyle450rider

Posted June 09, 2006 - 01:16 PM

well i never expect to crash at all but it does happen.I crushed the radiator on my honda 450 and purchased a new oem one from YOT and it was 130 bucks.A radiator for a yamaha 450 is 297 dollars from Yot.This is what i'm talking about.Why is there such a huge difference between the two.SO this is why i started the thread.How can anyone afford a radiator at over 300 bucks a pop.Like i said this could keep me from buying one.

• aedwards07

Posted June 09, 2006 - 01:45 PM

Send your radiator to Mylers.Also get some Works Connection Rad Cages before you even ride the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 09, 2006 - 02:54 PM

I just did the Myler's thing with Junior's bike. The left radiator was twisted counterclockwise 45 degrees, both tanks dented, the inlet tube bent, and the frame broken free of the tanks in 3 places. I shipped it last Saturday. $90 and 4 days later (including the freight both ways), it's back on the bike. It doesn't look new, but it doesn't look bad at all, either. Hats off to them. :applause: :D

There are 3 possible reasons why Yamaha stuff might be more expensive.

> They think they can get away with it (I doubt this, but I threw it in for the cynics and conspiracy theorists)

> They sell fewer units than Honda does of the CRF line, so the lower production volume raises the price.

> It's better stuff and is worth the difference.

You choose. :prof:

• kyle450rider

Posted June 09, 2006 - 06:52 PM

Well i just wish someone could find a place to get oem parts that are comparable to the hondas.

• jamiehughes

Posted June 09, 2006 - 08:55 PM

it's better!!! you are gonna love the yammie.. my buddy rode mine last weekend back to back with a cr450f, he said it was no contest the yammie was better in all categories. the honda was having carb issues also. i hate issues!! especially when they happen over big jumps...

• kyle450rider

Posted June 10, 2006 - 05:44 AM

TT has good prices on oem parts for yammies.Lets see if we can find alittle better.They have oem radiators for 183 bucks,surely we can find cheaper than that.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 10, 2006 - 06:23 AM

What OEM parts do you expect that you'll need to buy, exactly? If you don't crash a lot, you won't be needing much for quite a while.

my thoughts exactly..............

• kyle450rider

Posted June 10, 2006 - 10:35 AM

I'm just throwing it out there.I dont expect to have to buy alot of oem parts.Its just the thought of one big wreck might have me saving just to put my bike together.I didnt mean to offend anybody,its just something that im taking into consideration before i buy a yamaha.I thought by posting this someone on here would have the hookup with a good parts shop.I dont believe that this stuff just cost more just for the sake of costing more.There is gotta be a shop that sells stuff cheaper its just the matter of finding it.Thanks

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.