Langston,Hepler and Hill to Yamaha

17 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted June 09, 2006 - 10:47 AM

check it out at www.motocrossactionmag.com
I think it will be a good move for langston and hepler.

• Butta

Posted June 09, 2006 - 02:01 PM

I think it's a good move for Hepler, and I suppose for Langston, but I don't think it's a good move for Yamaha to have Langston....he rides dirty, does not present himself well, and if there is every anything on the track that is questionable, it seems he's always involved. I don't like him for the sport, and I think unless Yamaha can mold him and his reputation to a more suitable one (i.e. one that would make me feel good about my kids idolizing him) then I think it will be short lived.

I'll give him a year with the big boys before his ego is irreparably damaged.

• NYMXer

Posted June 09, 2006 - 04:39 PM

I predict that Hepler will do well on blue............just not as well as Villipoto on green.

• kyle450rider

Posted June 09, 2006 - 06:49 PM

harsh words about langston!he'll do fine for yamaha.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted June 09, 2006 - 07:03 PM

Does anyone subscribe to the digital mx action mag? Kinda hard to read in the bathroom.

• howard27

Posted June 09, 2006 - 07:37 PM

Alessi is the king of bad sport representation even after getting a manufacture ride. What a ASS ! I had to explain His actions to my kid again at Vegas. Langston may not even be noticed for negative behavior with Alessi around. I will enjoy watching Grant claw for a championship. He has done it more than once against a multitude of badasses. go blue .

• jamiehughes

Posted June 09, 2006 - 08:26 PM

what are grant langston and mike brown planning to ride in the lites class until 2015???? those guys suck, they wont even step up to the big boy class and when they have they sucked so they went back down into the kiddies class.. as thats the only place they can do better than 15th place and keep a ride. they definetely represent what's wrong with professional motocross(MONEy,MONEY,MONEY AND MORE MONEY) look at davey millsaps and andrew short(a local boy to me) those guys are gonna be the s@#t someday when stewart and charmichael arent in the game anymore, villapoto also, that kid rocks too. :applause:

• Matt96xr6

Posted June 09, 2006 - 09:13 PM

Hill will be the next big pro! He is a local here. Check out from last week and practice shooting the 140' gap at albany:

http://www.mcleoudph...es/IMGP3960.htm

#175. Fast fast fast! He did the photo shoot for the 06s that are on Yamaha's webpages also. He has been Yamahas up and coming for a few years now. Great kid!

• howard27

Posted June 09, 2006 - 09:14 PM

How can you diss the riders of your sport for winning? How would you feal if you were passed your time and you were still producing, and little kids were asking for your autograph at the factory big rig not the tired dirt bike shop. or do you think that the 125 class has been easy the last two or three years?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted June 10, 2006 - 04:41 AM

Change at Yamaha was well needed and emminent....it will be interesting. :applause:

• jamiehughes

Posted June 10, 2006 - 05:03 AM

i think that the lites class should be used for what it was made for, a learning class for younger riders to get their feet wet before moving up to the premium class... it has gotten away from that in a real bad way.

Posted June 10, 2006 - 08:22 AM

I don't think the racers or the factories think the same way. The 250f's are such a huge seller that the manufacturers need a rider that is going to produce in that class. It does stink that those riders stay in the lites class for so long. I garauntee that until they get stomped on a regular basis the factories will sign them.

The top ten in each class should draw from a hat before every race to decide which class they ride in. Ricky in the lites, Allesi in the bigs. Keep it interesting.

• jamiehughes

Posted June 10, 2006 - 03:58 PM

well that definetely thinking outside the box, never thought of that idea. would definetely be different, especially if they all rode in the same moto on the equipment that they drew out of the hat. HMMM. i still really like it when the young guns whip the old timers in the lites class, then listen to the excuses the oldies give out,"the bike did this, the track was this,my training was this, so and so did this to me on the track" what a bunch of crybabies. don't care much for the allesi family though. they have like the soccer dad from hell mentality. dad is a psycho, and the kids seem to be following suit. oh they are trying to change their image but their on and off track antics seem to just keep tarnishing it.

• howard27

Posted June 10, 2006 - 08:07 PM

I saw Alessi rudely yell out to spectator in the pits for standing there at the ktm pit with a yamaha shirt on.

• kid on a 426

Posted June 10, 2006 - 08:14 PM

I think it's a good move for Hepler, and I suppose for Langston, but I don't think it's a good move for Yamaha to have Langston....he rides dirty, does not present himself well, and if there is every anything on the track that is questionable, it seems he's always involved. I don't like him for the sport, and I think unless Yamaha can mold him and his reputation to a more suitable one (i.e. one that would make me feel good about my kids idolizing him) then I think it will be short lived.

I'll give him a year with the big boys before his ego is irreparably damaged.

Man langston ain't a dirty rider. I throw more elbows in bmx then almost all pro motocrossers except fricking allesi. That was retarted what he did last year at Glen Helen. When they asked about it in his inter view he said "I don't know what happened. I lost it. I can't even remember what happened." &%$#@! IS THAT!? He t-boned Ivan and then jumped on his bike and tried to kill it. That is jacked up. In bmx you are allowed to push pretty much as hard as you want with your elbows but if you t-bone someone then that is just a blatant take out. AMA didn't suspend his pro license but they threatened to take away Travis's for doind a backflip Trav was trying to please the crowd while Allesi could have possibly killed someone.

• aford541

Posted June 10, 2006 - 09:36 PM

[quote name='Butta']I think it's a good move for Hepler, and I suppose for Langston.[=QUOTE]

Langston is incredibly talented and has a bad rap for those that are Alessi fans and he is not american.

He will produce results for Yamaha indoors and outdoors, it will give us aholes something new to talk about.

The funny thing is that Yamaha really considers that.

• howard27

Posted June 10, 2006 - 09:43 PM

Good point . Sounds like the AMA :applause: runs to much on emosion and fear and also donuts

• Butta

Posted June 11, 2006 - 06:54 AM

[quote name='aford541'][quote name='Butta']I think it's a good move for Hepler, and I suppose for Langston.[=QUOTE]

Langston is incredibly talented and has a bad rap for those that are Alessi fans and he is not american.

He will produce results for Yamaha indoors and outdoors, it will give us aholes something new to talk about.

The funny thing is that Yamaha really considers that.[/QUOTE]

I don't care for Alessi any more than Langston. To me, both of them need to take some sportsmanship courses and realize that it's not just the win that counts but HOW it's won that matters. Langston always has an excuse for when he doesn't perform. He's talented, I'll give him that, but with his talent comes arrogance and an attitude. Let's just say that I don't want my kids thinking of him as a pillar of the sport.....

As for Alessi, he should have been disqualified from the points race entirely for his antics last year with Ivan. I thought I was watching a race for 8 year olds, not professionals. Totally retarded, and if I were KTM, no matter how fast the kid is, I would have made him pay dearly for presenting himself in that manner. What a bafoon......

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.