WR Plastic Question?????

6 replies to this topic
  • CALVIN_KLEIN88

Posted June 09, 2006 - 07:19 AM

Well I'm getting ready to order up some graphics for my o6' WR and I need some clarification. I have a YZ rear fender and If I want the graphic to fit that fender I have to order an 03-05' YZ kit. I can get the WR tank and shroud separately but I have to order the YZ kit with all the other pieces. I just want to make sure that the WR and YZ have the same front fender, fork guards, etc.... Anyone know?

Thanks

• TARFELE

Posted June 09, 2006 - 06:43 PM

Different fork guard part number's.
I believe the only difference on the fork guard is the YZ does not have the clip for the odo cable but they may also have different bolt slots.

The front fenders are the same on the 05

What other plastic were you looking at getting?

• CALVIN_KLEIN88

Posted June 09, 2006 - 07:27 PM

I am ordering a graphics kit for it and they weren't sure which ones to give me for the fenders and fork guards. Thanks for the info.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tilson51

Posted June 12, 2006 - 05:54 PM

I was wondering, if I wanted to could i switch out the back fender that has a light for a fender that doesnt have a light?

• sidewinder2

Posted June 12, 2006 - 06:03 PM

I believe so. You can get the 05 yz rear fender and with a few modifications
it should fit just fine. I think you need to cut some holes for the
reservoir mounts. :excuseme:

• yaugh1

Posted June 12, 2006 - 06:21 PM

I was wondering, if I wanted to could i switch out the back fender that has a light for a fender that doesnt have a light?

yeah you can- mine is an 04' wr 450. I used an '04 yz 450 rear fender- worked liek a charm. all i had to do was cut some holes in the new fender to make room for the radiators hoses and such.

• SID013

Posted June 12, 2006 - 07:29 PM

Just finished changing my '06 WR450 to black plastics. I used YZ UFO plastics from an '05. The rear fender needed a little modification but the fender had markings. Front straight on. The side covers fitted straight on with no mods. The left fork guard straight fit while the right one needed mods to suit the odometer cable. I drilled 3 sets of 2 small holes & cable (Zip) tied the odo cable inside the fork guard. I found that the radiator shrouds are the same on WR as the YZ but because I changed to black I wasn't worried. I used a Clarke black tank with the YZ shrouds. Also watch out re: seats, Clarke told me I needed a YZ seat for their tank which I bought but the YZ seat doesn't fit an '06 WR450 as the battery gets in the way. Hope this helps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.