is my header suposta get red hot?

7 replies to this topic
  • 116CJ

Posted June 08, 2006 - 02:53 PM

i have never owned a 4 stroke mx bike, i just put an hour meter/tach on it and started it up let it warm up and wanted to set the idle. the header was red hot after like 2 minutes. im not sure what the standard warm up time is on a 4 stroke or anything, also you think its running lean? everyone says they run rich in stock form. im going to check the carb settings with the manual but im assuming since its brand new its at stock settings. if this is normal cool i just wanted to make sure i don't want to burn a hole in a new piston.
Thanks in advance

• kid on a 426

Posted June 08, 2006 - 03:01 PM

I HATE THESE POSTS!!!! Sorry to be hard on you but please do a search first and you'll find a thousand threads like these. And btw it's pretty much impossible to burn a hole through a piston

• Satch0922

Posted June 08, 2006 - 04:51 PM

IT's gonna blow!!!!!!

(jk jk jk). The search feature is your friend..... :applause:

• grayracer513

Posted June 08, 2006 - 05:09 PM

AW (Click here)

Anyways....mine does that, and it Seems OK

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mayday

Posted June 08, 2006 - 05:58 PM

NORMAL! :applause: :D

• 642MX

Posted June 08, 2006 - 06:27 PM

Stop flaming the new guy. Its normal to see the header glow, its also normal for it to puke a little coolant out from time to time.

• mxrayser

Posted June 08, 2006 - 08:31 PM

AW (Click here)

Anyways....mine does that, and it Seems OK

That is red hot grayracer

• grayracer513

Posted June 08, 2006 - 08:32 PM

I suppose it's even normal to suppose that a red header isn't normal. :applause:

But you can't flame the old guys and get away with it, so who's left?

All in fun, mate. :D

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.