Waiting on my Rekluse!!!!!!

25 replies to this topic
  • LVThumper

Posted June 20, 2006 - 10:35 AM

My buddy starts his in gear no problem, but I haven't really tried it yet. All I know is that with the jetting dialed in, and the Rekluse working right, this is a whole new ball game!! :bonk:

• TD-3

Posted June 20, 2006 - 10:54 AM

If given a good full kick from TDC, mine will also start in gear. :excuseme:

• LVThumper

Posted July 16, 2006 - 07:30 PM

So I now have 2 Desert races under my Rekluse belt, and all I can say is WOW!! "Tough" hill climbs just don't exist anymore!! :ride: I installed the tighter spring so it engages later, and now it's perfect. It is a little tough in the dead engine starts, as I have to make sure the engine is not much past idle before I put it in gear, but other than that, I am one happy customer!

PS - MotoXman - I didn't see Dave at the last two races, but two of my buddies are in the Wild Bunch, and I asked them to pass the message on!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zique

Posted July 16, 2006 - 08:05 PM

Can't you get a manual override to allow better control for the dead starts? How well can you wheelie with a clutch or can you at all?

• MotoXman

Posted July 17, 2006 - 10:32 AM

LVThumper, Thanks for passing that message on to dave. I am still debating on getting the rekluse or not. I have been doing motocross all year and am getting ready for the GP season to start. LVThumper, I sure would have liked to catch the Caliente GP this year. Is it still in July?

• LVThumper

Posted July 19, 2006 - 07:10 AM

The bike pulls the front wheel up like a hydraulic lift in all gears, just like it always did. It's smooth. If you lean back a little and give a quick twist, it will come up very quickly all the way through 4th. 5th gear will only lift it about 1/2 way unless you lean back.

Motox - The Groundshakers race was, and usually is, the first weekend in July. It was BRUTAL!! 38 mile loop, 3 times. We went through town, crossed the creek a few times, then they sent us downstream for almost a mile! The water was over 2 feet deep in places and the poor Novices on 125's, and even a few big bikes, drowned their bikes! It was tough.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.