Pants on fire

6 replies to this topic
  • johnnyjeep

Posted June 07, 2006 - 05:35 PM

Ive been using my new WR both off road and commuting to work. I got home today and noticed that the bottom of my pants were burned. Its not like I was wearing bellbottoms. I guess that is just one more thing that I have to keep an eye on.

John in Vegas

• Matty05

Posted June 07, 2006 - 06:44 PM

Yeah, they do get hot!

• BIGchiefKODIAK

Posted June 07, 2006 - 06:56 PM

Hey John what lighting kit do you have? i have the eline kit but am thinking about getting a acerbis headlamp, and some mount the blinkys on here is the one I like http://www.acerbis.c...light/3001.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtysouth

Posted June 07, 2006 - 07:21 PM

Dude I noticed my coolant breather getting melted while rejetting a couple of days ago. Plus I have worn shorts and gotten redlegged from the exhaust :D . But now that I have got the jetting right I realize how lean that bi@%# was from the factory (popping on decel regularly). Also I was runnin her a bit on the rich side yesterday and it ran soooo much cooler. You should definitely get the JD jet kit for your bike. I guarantee you will be pleased with the results. :applause:

• johnnyjeep

Posted June 08, 2006 - 01:30 AM

Ive got the JD kit, its sitting in the garage waiting for me to put it in. I think I will have time tonight along with the AIS removal. Big chief, I am using the stock lights with the baja design blinkers. The headlight has Hi/Lo, its just not wired up for it. If I get my bike back together tonight early enough, I could probably swing by you to look at it during my "test ride".

John in Vegas

• BIGchiefKODIAK

Posted June 08, 2006 - 11:55 AM

I thought the stok headlamp and taillamp were not dot approved? So how did you get it registered?

• johnnyjeep

Posted June 08, 2006 - 02:54 PM

I bought it in state in Ely and I bought the bd kit from them as well. they just gave me the papers I needed to go to DMV.

John in Vegas

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.