Green/Red Sticker and Vermont Registration??

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Dolphin_*

Posted November 01, 2001 - 07:38 PM

Will registering you WR426 for offroad in CA via the Green/Red Sticker process while your waiting for 90 days to pass on Vermont Registration have any negative effects on achieving CA street registration on a properly dual sported WR426?? I would like to do some riding at places such as Ocotilla Wells with friends soon and need at least a red sticker on my new WR426 to avoid being cited. Also, how have WR426 owners in CA been able to get green stickers on their bikes when the 3 in the 8th position of your VIN designates a red sticker?? Any special advice/process to getting a green sticker at the DMV?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• SoCalWR426

Posted November 01, 2001 - 08:00 PM

Look back at my Oct.22 posting. alot of member's had some very interesting :) methods..What year is your WR?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Blue_Boner

Posted November 01, 2001 - 08:05 PM

Dolphin, if you have Vermont street reg don't worry about getting a California dirt reg. Another option you may want to explore if you don't have your Vermont plate yet is the non resident Ca green sticker. I think you can buy those at motorcycle dealers for $20 and they last for a year. If it was me I wouldn't go to the DMV and get a red or green sticker if you plan on transfering to Ca street reg in a few weeks. If the non resident sticker doesn't work out I would have a friend get you a duplicate from one of their bikes. Eric

• SoCalWR400

Posted November 02, 2001 - 09:46 AM

I took my kids reg. for his TTR 125L down to the DMV and told them we lost it, :) they issued us another for $2.00 cheapest green sticker you can buy and its good for 3 years as opposed to the $20.00 per year for the out of state green sticker.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.