$800 Exhaust System Problems

8 replies to this topic
  • Snaphead

Posted June 07, 2006 - 11:49 AM

2006 YZ 450F I picked up a White Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust system yesterday and I was hoping for $800 the thing would bolt on a little easier. The exhaust flange on the header pipe does not align with the bolts on the cylinder. The holes on the flange are off by about 3mm. I have turned the flange around several times and no way is this thing going to bolt on unless I want to get out a drill. Also the muffler/slip on does not sit very snug against the side panel - maybe a 1/2 or 3/4 inch gap between the muffler and the two rubber inserts on the panel. Anyone else have this problem?

• WFOracer

Posted June 07, 2006 - 11:52 AM

Haven't heard of this problem, try emailing them

info@whitebrothers.com

or call them
(714) 692-3404

It's worth a shot

• Ga426owner

Posted June 07, 2006 - 12:45 PM

You must have the wrong year pipe - my AlumPro2 bolts right up - it is the same flange and headpipe as the CarbonPro....

• Snaphead

Posted June 08, 2006 - 10:51 AM

:applause: David you were correct. What I had was a YZ250F pipe that was shipped in a box labeled for a YZ450F.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamiehughes

Posted June 08, 2006 - 08:09 PM

good to know that white brothers has such strict quality and packing guidelines. :applause:

• Chills

Posted June 08, 2006 - 08:47 PM

HAHA, What a joke, same with spending 800 bucks on that WAY overpriced pipe. Do yourself a favor and save yourself 400+ bucks, look at DMC or MRD pipe. Dave at MRD will back, fix, and tune the MRD pipe to your liking. You mash it up, he fixes or replaces it, you want more bottom end, he produces, you want more top end, consider it done. Cant beat the customer service, and the guy aims to please all his customers.

• Matt96xr6

Posted June 08, 2006 - 09:27 PM

HAHA, What a joke, same with spending 800 bucks on that WAY overpriced pipe. Do yourself a favor and save yourself 400+ bucks, look at DMC or MRD pipe. Dave at MRD will back, fix, and tune the MRD pipe to your liking. You mash it up, he fixes or replaces it, you want more bottom end, he produces, you want more top end, consider it done. Cant beat the customer service, and the guy aims to please all his customers.

DMC, yeah if you want a loud pipe.

The WB pipe is one of the best pipes out there. So they mispackage one of them. Where did you get it from? could have got mixed up at the retailer.

• Chills

Posted June 09, 2006 - 10:29 AM

DMC, yeah if you want a loud pipe.

The WB pipe is one of the best pipes out there. So they mispackage one of them. Where did you get it from? could have got mixed up at the retailer.

DMC Makes a Quiet Core, plus, Dave at MRD makes quiet too....Still blowing a wad at something way overpriced, when you could have something with the same performance, without the Name, for 1/2 the cost.

• kid on a 426

Posted June 09, 2006 - 12:49 PM

I prefer Dr.d or stock pipe over fancy overpriced weak loud $800 carbon fiber pieces of crap. But just my opinion, it just kinda makes more sense to have a quiet strong and durable cheap high quality pipe that has just as much or even more power gain than carbon fiber stuff.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.