Looking for stock '06 header

13 replies to this topic
  • altered

Posted June 07, 2006 - 08:44 AM

I have bent my stock header and was wondering if anyone is selling a used '06 header that they have replaced with an aftermarket header?

Thanks.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 07, 2006 - 08:33 PM

i have one. Make an offer.

• altered

Posted June 12, 2006 - 12:40 PM

I sent you a PM.

• SurvivorMan

Posted June 12, 2006 - 04:41 PM

I have one. why buy a stock header when you could buy a stainless steel powerbomb from FMF, or the megabomb....even better bottom to mid power!

• altered

Posted June 13, 2006 - 08:09 AM

At this point I'm still learning how to use the power I already have so the stocker is perfect for me. Albertabigdog, are you interested in selling your stocker?

Trevor.

• yz250fmx22y

Posted June 13, 2006 - 10:05 AM

I also need a 2006 YZ450F Stock Header bad, I bent mine up pretty bad. How much would you like for your guys? Please repost ASAP and let me know if you have paypal.

• bluestreak450

Posted June 13, 2006 - 08:31 PM

Yes I do. I also have the silencer. I rode the thing about two months or so. Once a week. It's pretty new. I'm not sure what a good price is for it, but I'll sell it. Let me know how to arrange this. By the way, I'm very new to the four strokes, and I'm not sure about the aftermarket exhaust. If you are more experienced with these things, I sure would appreciate it. The Pro Circuit pipe doesn't have a clamp between the header and silencer, and the header slides into the silencer. There is play there. Is there any way to fix this problem? I used High Temp RTV under the stock "gasket" device already in place. I'm thinking that these bikes get too hot for that. Is there any way to seal it? Also, the head pipe is two pieces, which are also loose. Is there any way to seal that? I'm not sure the temp difference between the head and midpipe, but I'm guessing it's pretty substantial.

OK, I know that was alot of garble, but if you could help, I'd appreciate it. If this is normal for aftermarket exhaust systems, let me know, but I'm thinking that this will affect performance.

I live in central California just so you know.

Tai

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluestreak450

Posted June 13, 2006 - 08:35 PM

Whoa, I didn't make myself clear. The RTV was how I sealed the 2-strokes in the past. Worked great, but I still think it will burn off on a four stroke. The reason I asked is because I heard somebody on this site refer to "sealing and exhaust system". Thanks.

• bluestreak450

Posted July 05, 2006 - 09:36 PM

yz250fmx22y, Hey man, I think I sent you a PM, but I'm not sure. If you don't get one, I did receive yours. Give me a way to contact you if you still need a pipe. Sorry, I'm really lost on this thing.

• altered

Posted July 06, 2006 - 08:18 AM

Bluestreak450, If yz250fmx22y doesn't need it, I'm still looking.

Trevor.

• onecolumbyte

Posted July 06, 2006 - 09:24 AM

Check out this link for a method to fix your stocker if it's not horribly mangaled.

http://motoman393.thumpertalk.com/

• altered

Posted July 06, 2006 - 10:14 AM

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

• DPW

Posted July 07, 2006 - 05:25 AM

ebay...item number: 150006857885

it's not mine....

• bluestreak450

Posted July 07, 2006 - 09:11 PM

I sent you a message.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.