Jetting question for wayne0426

5 replies to this topic
  • Pooley

Posted November 01, 2001 - 05:54 PM

I was wondering how your carb settings were working out for you and what kind of exhaust mods you did. This weekend I will be attempting to install the settings JD recommended to you earlier this year. As of right now I have the 01 WR426 completely stock, in Michigan (<1000ft).

Due to sound restrictions I will need to keep an exhaust plug in so I can meet the 94 dB sound limit so I can't completely uncork the bike, just change inserts.

Here are the posts I used to determine what settings to use:
From JD: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Suggest you start with the following:

#48 pilot
#100 pilot air
1 turn out
#168 main jet

James [/QUOTE]

from wayne0426: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR> James,
Would you suggest the same specs for me as you would for jezza?
2001 WR426, stock settings @ sea-level.
Looking for that magic "burst" in the mid-range. I know theres gotta be more in there!
Also, would the OBELN needle apply to me? [/QUOTE]

JD said to start with these settings and go from there. That is what I will be doing.

Thanks for the help.

[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: Pooley ]

• wayneoXCF

Posted November 02, 2001 - 02:47 AM

I am currently running the stock exhaust uncorked, with the exact settings recommended by JD. I had to lean the clip to #3, but that has been it so far. My results have been pretty good. The front end now jumps whenever I want it, and the bike is MUCH more responsive. I did like the clip in #4, but it ran too rich, and sputtered too much. Going to #3 cured the problem, with a little tweaking of the fuel screw, (bottom of the bowl).
I have not done the BK, or gone to YZ timing, but plan on doing both sometime over the next few months. Both those mods should increase performance. I will let you know how it works out if you want.

• Pooley

Posted November 02, 2001 - 03:19 AM

Thanks Wayne,

I was just curious how things had worked for you, sounds very positive. With a corked, stock exhaust, what adjustments would I need to make if any over your setup?

Thanks again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted November 02, 2001 - 04:50 AM

i don't know where or how but mabe you can bump into someone with the stock canadian pipe. maybe even puchase it for next to nothing. they're supposedly less restrictive than the standard US pipe, but i don't know.

just an idea. i bet somebody on this site has brought one down and has the pipe sat there in the shed.

• SoCalWR426

Posted November 02, 2001 - 07:47 AM

Re: Canadian pipe sugestion,go over to the YZF side of TT and put in a posting of what you want, I just got a like new 2002 YZF pipe (Canadian) for my 02WR426 fom there. I'm still waiting for my WR to show up. The Canadian model looks as if it is MUCH less restrictive than US model, I'm hopeing someone will be posting their jetting for this Euro model exhaust :) (aren't these little faces cool!)

• wayneoXCF

Posted November 03, 2001 - 06:31 AM

I would like to take a shot at answering your question, but since I dont run the plug, I couldnt fairly offer any advice. I will tell you that at times when Im doing some local 15 minute "power trips" I have the stock cork in, and it definetly robs it of all its power! These bikes simply werent made to ride with that thing in the exhaust. And Ive drilled the crap out of it!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.