Clarification on the throttle stop....

1 reply to this topic
  • rwhitlock

Posted January 09, 2001 - 10:02 PM

I am new to the WR's and I picked up the new 426. I have read a lot of good things about this bike and have learned a lot from this web site. I hope this question is not too repetitive. I'm still learning about the 4-strokes....

I have read about cutting the throttle stop down, different posts say to cut it down to different lengths, and so I was unsure. I took my bike to the local dealer and they simply removed the entire stop. Some posts say this will screw up the top end (something about the TPS getting goofed up...). I have ridden the bike since the stop was removed and haven't noticed any drop off or power loss on the top end. It still pulls hard and strong for climbing hills. I should be hitting the dunes soon to really test it.

My question is: If the TPS is getting confused what would the top end be like? Should it really drop off, cut out, cough and sputter, rev limiter type stuff??

Mine 'seems' to run fine, but I don't have any friends that have WR's or YZ-F's to compare with.

Does the YZ-F have a stop? If so, can I order one of those and put it in?

Thanks for the help.

Rod

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brad

Posted January 09, 2001 - 03:21 PM

There seem to be mixed opinions on whether too short of a throttle stop will actually cause problems or not, especially on the FCR2 carbs. If you want a definite solution, a YZ426 throttle stop is available and I'm pretty confident its the same between 2000 and 2001. The 2000 YZ426 part number is 5JG-14591-00 and costs about $8.00.

Brad

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.