BRP does it again - Another Taneum Ride Report w/pictures

4 replies to this topic
  • Old_Man_Time

Posted June 06, 2006 - 09:53 PM

Taneum is located in Eastern Mountain slopes of Washington State. Some of the best single track riding to be had. The snows are slowly clearing from these mountains and every ride goes deeper into the area. My riding partner does every kind of riding on the BRP and he makes it all look easy.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=382795

• Mudshark

Posted June 07, 2006 - 07:36 PM

Sweet ride thanks for sharing :applause:
BTW what rear tire is that on the KDX and what size is it.... it looks like
a trails tire, I've been wanting to try one but can't find them over 4.00.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Old_Man_Time

Posted June 07, 2006 - 08:02 PM

Sweet ride thanks for sharing :applause:
BTW what rear tire is that on the KDX and what size is it.... it looks like
a trails tire, I've been wanting to try one but can't find them over 4.00.

That is the IRC trials tire. I bought it used for a good deal. I have purchased them new several times. I like the Michelin best. Your observation about size is correct but they are not measured the same way as standard dirt tires. That 4.00 x 18 is taller than and as wide as most knobbies. All the brands have the same size rear tire. At least all the brands I have bought. I have Dunlops new one on back order at Rocky Mountain. Perelli also has one now. Don't worry about the size. Once you have it mounted it will give you more traction than any tire you have tried before. Because they are so tall you can get away with 10lbs pressure for fast trail riding. They actually give you a more comforable ride. Almost as if you have revalved the rear shock.

• Mudshark

Posted June 07, 2006 - 08:28 PM

That is the IRC trials tire. I bought it used for a good deal. I have purchased them new several times. I like the Michelin best. Your observation about size is correct but they are not measured the same way as standard dirt tires. That 4.00 x 18 is taller than and as wide as most knobbies. All the brands have the same size rear tire. At least all the brands I have bought. I have Dunlops new one on back order at Rocky Mountain. Perelli also has one now. Don't worry about the size. Once you have it mounted it will give you more traction than any tire you have tried before. Because they are so tall you can get away with 10lbs pressure for fast trail riding. They actually give you a more comforable ride. Almost as if you have revalved the rear shock.

Thanks for the input. I might just give one a bash. I've always been afraid
that a BRP would shread a trails tire although too many guys are using them
now for that to have been be a problem though.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted June 07, 2006 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for the input. I might just give one a bash. I've always been afraid
that a BRP would shread a trails tire although too many guys are using them
now for that to have been be a problem though.

If you are riding your BRP on fire roads at high speed it will heat up the center tread knobs and start throwing them. If you ride your BRP in a woods single tracks they will outlast a knobby. I have run several Trials tires on my BRP and they lasted a long time until I started doing a lot of high speed fire roads and desert. Then they lasted about as long as a knobby. What I have started doing is running a tough desert tire for high speed riding in the desert and on fire roads. We do most of that kind of riding through the winter and early spring. Then when the snows melt in the mountains I switch over to trials tires. I have run trials tires on every one of my bikes except my KX500.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.