WR troubles??

4 replies to this topic
  • 702rider

Posted June 06, 2006 - 07:53 PM

OK we where riding my friends wr400 and we where not riding hard, just playing around in his backyard nothing hard, When he was riding we stopped and the radiator fluid was boiling? the engine clinks but it's not too bad. Anything have any idea's of what's going on. anyone got any advice? or know whats going on? Thanks :applause:

• R_Little

Posted June 07, 2006 - 06:15 AM

Riding at slow speeds in a backyard can cause a WR to boil coolant unless your friend has a big backyard and rides fast!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 702rider

Posted June 07, 2006 - 06:26 AM

theres a desert area behind his house, but we werent going fast just like 2nd and 3rd, play around in first for a while. The clinking sound in his engine is slowly getting quiter, is this a bad thing?

• Numskull

Posted June 07, 2006 - 04:53 PM

theres a desert area behind his house, but we werent going fast just like 2nd and 3rd, play around in first for a while. The clinking sound in his engine is slowly getting quiter, is this a bad thing?

I would thin that your back yard playing isnt quite what the wr was designed for. Like little said, you need air moving through the radiator, you cant put around at 2 mph or stop.

Although the wr is equipped with a over flow tank, and it is normal for the coolant to use this tank. Just dont get carried away with putt en :applause:

The motor is a dual overhead cam timing chain motor. its noisy, but he noise should be consistent.

• 702rider

Posted June 07, 2006 - 07:45 PM

no, we where going like 30mph cruisin around. wheeling here and there and jumping not too high, etc. The noise is consistent but it was "rougher" before thats all. I just got done riding his bike like 15 min. ago. I like it, I can't wait till I get one!!!!!!!!
thanks for all the help guys.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.