DMC Afterburner for 06 YZF450

56 replies to this topic
  • yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 07, 2006 - 09:52 AM

I guess that explains the loop out. :applause:

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! no I was just doing a wheelie and fell off the back....need a gripper seat :D

• WFOracer

Posted June 07, 2006 - 10:07 AM

The best bike I have ever owned the power is just unbelievable.....The tires sucked when i got it. Front tire did not grip and back tire wore out fast....like 4 or 5 rides.....You need to re jet it to a 170 main and a 48 pilot. The next thing I am doing is putting on taller bars and risers ( cause I am 6'5'' ) You are going to need a whole shot ( if you race ) And I am going to put a 50 tooth sprocket in the back.

What is the stock rear sprocket and why are you going to a 50T (tractor pulls!)? Are you going to put a tall seat on too? I am 6-3 and would be looking to do similar hieght mods as well. Any other must do mods from stock? How is the stock suspension? Thanks for the info!

• Baron Von Beard

Posted June 07, 2006 - 10:11 AM

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! no I was just doing a wheelie and fell off the back....need a gripper seat :D

Squeeze with your knees. :applause:

Those stock Yami seats are pretty slick.

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 07, 2006 - 10:39 AM

What is the stock rear sprocket and why are you going to a 50T (tractor pulls!)? Are you going to put a tall seat on too? I am 6-3 and would be looking to do similar hieght mods as well. Any other must do mods from stock? How is the stock suspension? Thanks for the info!

well since you are 6'3'' I would get the KW bend they are taller then the CR bend by 7 mm......And I am putting the 50t sprocket cause right now the bike....well its fast but the 50T I think will be better not sure but we will see I might go to a 51T not sure yet.....plus they 450's are really plain I'm going to get a dress up kit for it to.....make it look faster :D :applause:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted June 07, 2006 - 10:41 AM

Alright Highjackers! :D

Anyone want this exhaust. $300 is a deal for it. Come on YamiCrazy guy, you know you want it. :applause:

• WFOracer

Posted June 07, 2006 - 10:43 AM

Sorry Redbeard (for hijacking), but can anyone honestly handle to power that the stock 06 450 puts out? Look at DV12, he's smokin on a slightly modded yz450f!

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 07, 2006 - 10:49 AM

Alright Highjackers! :D

Anyone want this exhaust. $300 is a deal for it. Come on YamiCrazy guy, you know you want it. :applause:

I do but I don't I am a really big fan of FMF ( plus they sponsor me )

HEY!!!!! I got an idea.....Readbeard why don't you get off the heaping pile of crap Honda and buy a 2006 YZ450F and buy the exhaust your self???? J/P :prof:

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 07, 2006 - 10:51 AM

Sorry Redbeard (for hijacking), but can anyone honestly handle to power that the stock 06 450 puts out? Look at DV12, he's smokin on a slightly modded yz450f!

I can....like I said.....and Redbeard450 said the seat is slick and I slipped off the seat.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted June 07, 2006 - 10:59 AM

I do but I don't I am a really big fan of FMF ( plus they sponsor me )

HEY!!!!! I got an idea.....Readbeard why don't you get off the heaping pile of crap Honda and buy a 2006 YZ450F and buy the exhaust your self???? J/P :applause:

Only blue bike I'd buy is a YZ250.

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 07, 2006 - 11:03 AM

Only blue bike I'd buy is a YZ250.

why????what is wrong with the blue thumper???

How old are you???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Baron Von Beard

Posted June 07, 2006 - 11:07 AM

why????what is wrong with the blue thumper???

How old are you???

I'm 27 and the only thing wrong with the blue thumper as far as I'm concerned is it's too mellow. The suspension on the 06 bikes is great. They just aren't my style.

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 07, 2006 - 11:08 AM

Yeah you are just one of those some what older guys that still like the 2 smokers.....ADMIT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but anyways to mellow???? again I have to say

• Baron Von Beard

Posted June 07, 2006 - 11:13 AM

Yeah you are just one of those some what older guys that still like the 2 smokers.....ADMIT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but anyways to mellow???? again I have to say

The CRF hits hard stock, but my bike hits really hard and I like it that way. It's all in preference. No biggie. I've got nothing against owning any bike as long as it performs the way I like. As far as being an old guy, I don't think so. The reason I like YZ250's is because the motor is very aggressive, it has nothing to do with being an old guy that has been on smokers forever. I just started riding when I was 21.

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 07, 2006 - 11:16 AM

The CRF hits hard stock, but my bike hits really hard and I like it that way. It's all in preference. No biggie. I've got nothing against owning any bike as long as it performs the way I like. As far as being an old guy, I don't think so. The reason I like YZ250's is because the motor is very aggressive, it has nothing to do with being an old guy that has been on smokers forever. I just started riding when I was 21.

For some reason I thought you where old...maybe cause of your Mr. Red avatar.....but don't you have problems with your valves on your Honda?
Which by the way I love the graphics!!!!!

• Baron Von Beard

Posted June 07, 2006 - 11:17 AM

For some reason I thought you where old...maybe cause of your Mr. Red avatar.....but don't you have problems with your valves on your Honda?

I've got roughly 115 hours on my 05 and the valves haven't needed shimmed once. They came in spec and have stayed in spec ever since. They haven't moved 0.001".

Oh, thanks on the graphics. I designed them and had a local guy make them for me. They are getting a little tore up so I might design some new ones soon.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 07, 2006 - 12:51 PM

I will admit that I'll jump in here every know and then to stir some shit for fun, but no more than any of you guys. It's all in fun fellas. I actually really like Yamahas, 2 strokes at least. :applause:

Well I am guilty of stirring crap up in every bike forum....oh well. :prof:
And I like older hondas too....I just think CRF's are a dime a dozen.... :D

• TimFurryBalls

Posted June 07, 2006 - 01:07 PM

What's wrong with you? Can't you get your post count up somewhere else? You've done enough here.

Yeah, what are you doing here? Trying to get your post count up?

• Baron Von Beard

Posted June 07, 2006 - 01:17 PM

Yeah, what are you doing here? Trying to get your post count up?

Exactly. My sole purpose for being here is to pump up my post count. :applause:

• TimFurryBalls

Posted June 07, 2006 - 01:43 PM

Come on

• TimFurryBalls

Posted June 07, 2006 - 01:44 PM

now, that's

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.