yamaha 450 ?

12 replies to this topic
  • Ranger18

Posted June 06, 2006 - 06:45 AM

I was looling at an ad for the 06 yamaha yzf450 and there were two different listings. One is called a yzf450F and the other is called yzf450SE. Whats the differance between the two? :applause:

• aedwards07

Posted June 06, 2006 - 06:51 AM

THe SE one has yellow plastics.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 06, 2006 - 07:11 AM

The SE is faster............ :D
SE stands for "super enhanced"...... :prof:

just kidding....the SE is a "special edition": representing the 50th year anniversery for Yamaha :applause:

• Ranger18

Posted June 06, 2006 - 12:44 PM

so even though both the yellow and the blue bikes are 50th anniversery the yellow one is labled "SE" . Thats funny, because the place that is selling them is charging $500 more for the SE. what a rip off; Oh well, thats berts for you.

• stock510

Posted June 06, 2006 - 06:34 PM

so even though both the yellow and the blue bikes are 50th anniversery the yellow one is labled "SE" . Thats funny, because the place that is selling them is charging $500 more for the SE. what a rip off; Oh well, thats berts for you.

The SE costs $200 difference here in Australia, my mate has the 250F and a i bought the blue 450F. In my opinion the blue is the goods, his yellow plastics are fading and the bike looks old.

• barch88

Posted June 07, 2006 - 06:22 AM

SE is $200 more, your paying for the 50th Anniversity plastics and graphics. Which, if you go to your dealer and try to order the SE OEM parts it comes up to close to $500 all together. So if you buy a SE from your dealer in the first place its cheaper.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtrdrms

Posted June 07, 2006 - 07:25 AM

I gotta say I do love the yamaha 450 forum. we are good people here. If a question like that was asked in the CRF forum this poor guy would have gotten flamed and abused like he caused 9/11! back to the subject, go with the blue if you ride it like you stole it and go with the yellow if you like your stuff well blung. :applause:

• Ranger18

Posted June 07, 2006 - 09:34 AM

I gotta say I do love the yamaha 450 forum. we are good people here. If a question like that was asked in the CRF forum this poor guy would have gotten flamed and abused like he caused 9/11! back to the subject, go with the blue if you ride it like you stole it and go with the yellow if you like your stuff well blung. :applause:

I'm a regular in the crf forum, and I never get ripped, so let's not start this
sh!t. Besides, it's not like I asked what's the difference between a WR and YZ. Personally I don't give a rats @ss what color a bike is, all I want to do is ride. :D

• mtrdrms

Posted June 07, 2006 - 09:58 AM

Whoa, easy slugger. Just talking from experience. If you are a regular there then you know what im sayin. Peace.

• WFOracer

Posted June 07, 2006 - 10:17 AM

Hey Ranger, what kind of price are you getting the 450 for?

• Ranger18

Posted June 07, 2006 - 12:24 PM

Hey Ranger, what kind of price are you getting the 450 for?

The blue model is listed at $5,500 plus fees. So it's probably about $6,000 out the door.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 07, 2006 - 08:33 PM

I gotta say I do love the yamaha 450 forum. we are good people here. If a question like that was asked in the CRF forum this poor guy would have gotten flamed and abused like he caused 9/11!

I'm a regular in the crf forum, and I never get ripped, so let's not start this
sh!t. Besides, it's not like I asked what's the difference between a WR and YZ. Personally I don't give a rats @ss what color a bike is, all I want to do is ride.

point made!

• mxrayser

Posted June 08, 2006 - 01:54 AM

Been there, done that! Had yellow/black, had red/white, and I be lovin the blue :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.