Please help

1 reply to this topic
  • Rick_Wall

Posted November 01, 2001 - 07:28 AM

I've done a search on this ,but I'm still not sure.On a 00 wr400 to deoctopus you
take the cover on the left side off.This exposes a spring and diaphram.Do you totally remove both spring and diaphram?Then remove the air horn,this exposes two jets,one is a 200 the other is a 75.What do I do hear?Under the float bowl there are two small jets one is the pilot the other marked 65 is?
What do I do here?Then I plug the two lines off the left side of the carb?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Terry_in_Reno

Posted November 01, 2001 - 07:48 AM

The 00 WR400 doesn't get deoctopussed. The mod you are refering to is one Woody has recently described, where the driaphram is part of the vaccum advance system. The symptom seems to be a fast idle after closing the throttle.

Do a search for "Woody" for details.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.