No new 650L for '07?

5 replies to this topic
  • churchman2003c

Posted June 05, 2006 - 07:10 AM

Based on a link that jbird710 posted in another thread: http://hondanews.com/CatID7174 ,it looks like Honda won't replace the L with something new for '07. Or is it still possible?

Hey Honda, if this is true you just lost another customer. I would surely have bought an UPDATED 650L to replace my '94, but now you've helped me to spend my money else where. :applause:

Yamaha would you please bring the 660 over here?

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted June 05, 2006 - 10:11 AM

this is exactly why i wasnt concerned when i bought my '06 model at the end of '05. I just knew it wasnt going to matter. :D
I just bought what i wanted without wishing on tomorrow. True, an updated version would be great, but i plan on driving this one for a very long time. :applause:

My only regret is i didnt find an '05 holdover to save myself a few bucks.

Or dual-sport an R

speaking of which, they still look the same too.

Posted Image

• dstark

Posted June 05, 2006 - 12:49 PM

Whats wrong with the 650L?

If it aint broke, dont fix it. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dukeryder

Posted June 06, 2006 - 12:36 AM

Hey Honda, if this is true you just lost another customer. I would surely have bought an UPDATED 650L to replace my '94, but now you've helped me to spend my money else where. :applause:

Yamaha would you please bring the 660 over here?

Where else you gonna spend it?

Last time I checked nobody is updating their Big cc thumpers. KLR gets some nice new plastics/paint. DR?

Sure you can get the Husky, first you gotta find one and a dealer and it'll cost an assload more than an XRL.

Yes it'd be nice if Yamaha sold the XT here but that's not gonna happen. Get the DS kit for the XRR if you live somewhere it's easy enough to plate

• scapegoat

Posted June 06, 2006 - 05:35 AM

I read on some other forums that once the XRL`s are gone from stock thats it. On to something new for Honda.

• churchman2003c

Posted June 06, 2006 - 07:17 AM

I guess I have to answer for my original statement....
-I do like the Husky 610 SM and a local dealer has one but it is a bit expensive.
-Nothing really wrong with the current L but IMO needs to be lighter with more integrated blinkers/tailight. I could dual-sport an XRR though...
- Yes, I just have to get over the Yamaha XT, unless Yamaha really surprises us and brings it over here.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.