Just Sold my XR650R

10 replies to this topic
  • Maddox101

Posted June 04, 2006 - 11:21 PM

Well I kinda hated to see it go but I have way too many bikes and something had to give. :D I learned a lot about this bike from you guys.The XR650 forum is one of the best I've come across.
Thanks for all the help and info.
I just listed all my extra parts on eBay if anyone's interested...there's a ton of good stuff I won't be needing anymore!
Thanks again and take care! :applause:

• Ramcc4x4

Posted June 05, 2006 - 01:15 PM

I just sold my XR650R last Thursday. The ONLY reason I did was to help with the purchase of a new home. I told my wife as soon as I am able to afford another bike, my XR650R will be replaced. I had a hard time dealing with it and to make matters worse the bike is still sitting in my garage for the next couple of weeks until it gets picked up.

• BWB63

Posted June 05, 2006 - 01:53 PM

We need a grief counseling center for Homes Split by the Sell of the Pig. HSSP hot line! :applause:

• Hoverboy

Posted October 13, 2008 - 09:03 AM

Couseling will only help so much. I went though a year of grief and sorrow when I ran to the arms of another......blue bike. :D The only way to get cured is to get another Red Beast. :worthy: :ride:

• Thrill

Posted October 13, 2008 - 06:59 PM

I read a statistic that 3 out of 4 XR650R owners who sold their XRs ended up buying a XR again later...

ok I made that up, but I do know a few who have sold theirs to pursue different rides and ended up coming back to the BRP :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gottaski

Posted October 13, 2008 - 07:29 PM

wow! another 2+ year old thread dug up from the past!

• weskc35k

Posted October 14, 2008 - 01:09 AM

The song remains the same then.

• road_toad666

Posted October 14, 2008 - 01:12 AM

No way in hell mine is going anywhere! I have a feeling I will probably have this bike until I die. If the longevity of my '73 is any indicator..

• gottaski

Posted October 16, 2008 - 06:25 PM

The song remains the same then.

he's probably already bought another BRP!!!

• martinfan30

Posted October 16, 2008 - 07:10 PM

wow! another 2+ year old thread dug up from the past!

Let sleeping dogs lie.

• Billahjack

Posted October 16, 2008 - 07:12 PM

I bought a KTM 530 but still can't ditch the pig. The pig going to be in a couple BITD's this year. I really want to buy a non-street legal pig for this type of stuff.

Related Content

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.