2006 WR 450 tripmeter help

10 replies to this topic
  • TheSacrament588

Posted June 04, 2006 - 05:27 PM

the tripmeter got put put back to 0 in every setting is there any way that i cant get back the old amount of miles or are they lost?

• OneToGo

Posted June 04, 2006 - 06:23 PM

Which trip meter you talking about?
Trip A gets reset to 0 every "race mode" setting and ALSO if you disconnect mains power (battery).
Trip B should not reset unless you push the RESET button.
I suggest you read the manual for a fuller (8 page) explanation...

• MountainMax

Posted June 04, 2006 - 07:16 PM

and the main odometer should not reset at all.......

• TheSacrament588

Posted June 04, 2006 - 10:33 PM

yea the main main odometer got put back to 0 and i'm pissed i've tryed everything &%$#@! and than every time i start my bike my clock is always back to 12:00:00 whats goin on???

• Moto5

Posted June 05, 2006 - 03:29 AM

I thought the manual says you lose both A and B mileage. I guess I will have to look again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted June 05, 2006 - 04:15 AM

yea the main main odometer got put back to 0 and i'm pissed i've tryed everything &%$#@! and than every time i start my bike my clock is always back to 12:00:00 whats goin on???

Sounds like a power issue to me.
I don't have an '06, so I can't really help.
Do they have an internal battery or a wire to the starter battery? That's where I would be looking.

• MountainMax

Posted June 05, 2006 - 07:41 AM

does your dash light up with the key on or do you have to start it first? you may have a blown fuse, mine reset trip A everytime i turned mine off when i blew the main fuse.

• TheSacrament588

Posted June 05, 2006 - 12:35 PM

no it lights up

• OneToGo

Posted June 05, 2006 - 06:10 PM

That is very Odd and not in the "normal" function of the thing at all. I would concur that you have some internal reset going on. Sounds like the Odo is at fault. The main Odo should not reset at all as stated earlier by other TTers. I would suggest a trip to yamaha, maybe they will check it out for you. :applause:

• A-ron

Posted September 02, 2006 - 10:05 PM

and the main odometer should not reset at all.......

I do not understand "main odometer". I also am having a problem with my trips resetting after a power drain. For instance, on the trail when the bike is warm, if I try the e-start without pulling the hot start and too much battery power is used, my trip will reset to 0. This is aggrevating because I want to keep track of total miles on the bike.

I have read the manual, and pretty much only need the basic mode. I understand there is a trip A and B, but not main odometer.

Any suggestions?

• johnnyjeep

Posted September 02, 2006 - 10:51 PM

I dont know anything about a "main" odometer, if there is one, I cant find it. however, I had my battery disconnected for a week and the A and the clock reset. I am usually pretty good with written directions, but the 8 pages Yammy gives has me at a loss

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.