New Tires

28 replies to this topic
  • Matty05

Posted June 07, 2006 - 07:40 PM

The front tyres are very bad....
It is a shame because it puts some people off Dunlop tyres.

• wr429j

Posted June 07, 2006 - 09:13 PM

I put on the Maxxis Desert on the rear, I really wanted an SI but none in stock so I "settled for " the desert tire.
I have rode both track and trail and I am not dissapointed in the traction at all.
I have almost 250 miles on it and it looks new!!! If you are looking for good wear this tire seems like the one.

I do want to compare it against the SI in the future.

• Tsk350

Posted June 08, 2006 - 05:38 AM

They say the maxxis front tyre is crap, so look out! :applause:

Who is They? Because They dont know what they are talking about. These tires are great and I will argue that all day long!

• bg10459

Posted June 08, 2006 - 01:34 PM

Who is They? Because They dont know what they are talking about. These tires are great and I will argue that all day long!

Reading here on TT, most reports were not very good for the IT front, but the SI front got lots of good reviews. :applause:
The IT rear almost always gets good reviews. I have one and it takes lots of abuse in the rocks and handles well almost everywhere. Although it was better than the 739 in the mud, I'm not entirely thrilled, though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve lemley

Posted June 08, 2006 - 07:05 PM

Let us know what you think of the dunlop if you buy it. As of right now in my mind there is no better tires made than the Maxxis IT's I have 1000 miles of hard riding, 25% street, on mine and still have 40% left with no chunks at all!!!!!!!!!!!! Show me another tire that can do that and perform at a top level for under $100 a set and I'll consider trying it but until then. Its going to take a lot of convincing..........

• Matty05

Posted June 09, 2006 - 03:02 AM

A few of the boys here for starters. Give me a Loppa anyday!
They will speak up........

• steve lemley

Posted August 06, 2006 - 07:38 PM

I used to think it was great but I have to agree with MAtty. I just switched to the SI from the IT and the SI is way better of a front tire. still love the rear desert IT. (Maxxis)

• Punisher660

Posted August 07, 2006 - 08:36 AM

Go the Dunlop 952's and be done with it! They are the best tyre on the market!

I would have to disagree on this one Matty - I posted some pics a while back about this same tire and how it held up to the intermediate terrafirma in my neck of the woods. The results were not very good. I was told that it was just a bad tire, so I got the shop I purchased it from to replace it....same thing happening again. If there were absolutely no rocks what so ever, then it might be a decent tire, but my experiance with it is that it is far to soft to be considered an intermediate tire and should only be used on soft terrain. :thumbsup:

It is chunking and breaking knobs off after every ride. The stock tire I had on there before this one lasted way longer on the same trails. I will definitely replace with the Maxxis IT next time.

• steve lemley

Posted August 07, 2006 - 07:42 PM

disregard this post I thought you were talking about the maxxis IT front sorry
mine never chinked and I rode in the nastyest of cali rocks, nothing but for over 800 miles and no chunks at all..... at all but I didnt like the handling on it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.