Need HELP on Triple clamp

2 replies to this topic
  • 1BLUEsky

Posted June 04, 2006 - 01:31 PM

Can anyone in the YZ forum tell me if the triple clamps on YZs are interchangeable with the WR. Im putting Pro tapers from the TT store on an 03 WR 450.the order isnt processed yet and Im not getting answers from the WR forum so Thanks for any help you can Give.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted June 04, 2006 - 02:40 PM

I can tell you that both '03 bikes have 46 mm forks so triple clamps are interchangeable in that respect. WR still had 46 mm forks in '04, while YZ got 48 mm forks.
Both '03 models have the same parts number for the lower TC with steering stem, but will you be able to use your headlight with the YZ upper TC - I cannot tell you, but If you ask me I say the 2003 YZ clamps bolt right on 2003 WR.

• 1BLUEsky

Posted June 04, 2006 - 06:36 PM

I can tell you that both '03 bikes have 46 mm forks so triple clamps are interchangeable in that respect. WR still had 46 mm forks in '04, while YZ got 48 mm forks.
Both '03 models have the same parts number for the lower TC with steering stem, but will you be able to use your headlight with the YZ upper TC - I cannot tell you, but If you ask me I say the 2003 YZ clamps bolt right on 2003 WR.

Thanks for the reply I'm going to check the bike as I forgot about the way the headlight mounts.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.