Gas pouring out gas tank vent hose

7 replies to this topic
  • mlesicko

Posted June 04, 2006 - 12:48 PM

Why do I have gas pouring out of vent hose coming from gas tank cap?
Just up and started after riding for several hours. I took apart the gas cap and see nothing wrong.
thanks

Mike
2000 YZ426F

• YZ117

Posted June 04, 2006 - 03:00 PM

Try turning your one way valve around or replacing it.

• Butta

Posted June 04, 2006 - 04:19 PM

Try to avoid filling the tank up to the top. Leave a little bit of space for air and expansion and you'll avoid most of that.

• kid on a 426

Posted June 04, 2006 - 07:53 PM

I can't really understand the description but i think what's happening is the gas is sloshing around and just a little is getting out the vent hose.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zique

Posted June 04, 2006 - 08:39 PM

Literally "pouring" or is it just venting?

• MAD_POTTER

Posted June 04, 2006 - 09:29 PM

Try to avoid filling the tank up to the top. Leave a little bit of space for air and expansion and you'll avoid most of that.

What he said. If your tank was only half full then :applause:

• mlesicko

Posted June 05, 2006 - 08:45 AM

The tank is only half full when it is occuring, and it only happens when I really start moving. it is literally pouring out. That morning I filled the tank up to the top, it did nt happen until a few hours later after the tank drained to half full. That is why its a little confusing to me.
I will try a new one-way valve, it must have up and broke. and yes its pointing the right direction

thanks,
Mike

• barch88

Posted June 05, 2006 - 10:05 AM

First I would try a new hose, and maybe new cap all together. I can't think of anything else causing such pressure build up.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.