New graphics or not?

12 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted June 03, 2006 - 08:11 PM

As some of you may remember, I took a spill on my 2nd ride on my 450 and munched the right side shroud and graphic a bit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have a new set of One Industries Alpha graphics that I practically stole I've been dying to put on, but I'm wondering if I should wait for some more severe damage to occur (not that I plan on crashing :applause:). Opinions?

• GONE1445

Posted June 03, 2006 - 08:20 PM

did you get just the shrouds graphics if so you might want get some new shrouds and put you new graphics on them so when you race you can put your crappy ones on and when you are just messing around you can put your good ones on

otherwise I would wait a little while and see what happens but hey falling is part of riding

• Zique

Posted June 03, 2006 - 08:54 PM

I'd wait. It really isn't that bad.

• kid on a 426

Posted June 03, 2006 - 09:10 PM

Wait.

• cmtbiker

Posted June 03, 2006 - 10:46 PM

defianately wait, it doesn't really look that bad at all

• RCannon

Posted June 04, 2006 - 05:12 AM

You can remove the stock graphics if you heat them a little. Use a blowdrier or heat gun. Pull them off and store them on wax paper.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted June 06, 2006 - 08:41 PM

Since the new graphics have a slit almost exactly where the crack is, I decide to wait until I get new shrouds to put the graphics on. Next question... blue or black shrouds?

• Ga426owner

Posted June 07, 2006 - 06:22 AM

Or you could go with these over the damaged shrouds -
http://www.yamaha-mo...itemdetail.aspx

• dkwok

Posted June 07, 2006 - 02:41 PM

hi,
how do u guys put on new graphics,
just stick them on clean surfaces,
& ensure there are no bubbles ,
thanks, :applause:

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 07, 2006 - 03:08 PM

hi,
thanks, :D

Have your mommy do it...thats what I do. :applause: :prof:

• SureBlue

Posted June 07, 2006 - 03:41 PM

hi,
thanks, :applause:

Howabout this
http://www.transworl...1144324,00.html
You can also tear the backing totally away and spray some window cleaner on the backside, then place them on plastic and start rubbing them on with a credit card. Start from the middle towards edges and drive the liquid away.

• cowboyona426

Posted June 08, 2006 - 08:58 PM

I saw those and really like them, but I got a screaming deal on the One Industries kit. I'll bet those have a slit similar to the graphics I picked up anyways, right where the shroud curves and right where mine is cracked!!! :applause:

• dkwok

Posted June 09, 2006 - 03:44 AM

thanks SureBlue :applause:
yamahahahacrazy :D

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.