5 replies to this topic
  • Malone6

Posted June 03, 2006 - 07:27 PM

Anyone running one of these on their WR? Is it worth the $400? :D
They look pretty cool. :applause:

Feedback would be appreciated.

• Matty05

Posted June 03, 2006 - 09:24 PM

Vortex ignitions are awesome, they are worth it if you have the money to spend for sure.

I got mine to get the most out of my Procircuit exhaust system. Power comes from cam timing / exhaust timing and ignition timing. So change one, you upset the balance. With the vortex being adjustable, you can find which setting works best with your exhaust.

I found that with the Vortex ignition, the power is so smooth. No lumps or bumps. This is the first thing you will definately notice.

I also found that with the way more powerful ignition, the bike runs heaps cleaner. With the stock ignition, the bike feels a bit rough in comparison. I put this down to weak spark not burning fuel completely.

The third thing I found with the vortex ignition is that you can really feel the difference between each and every setting.

My bike does definately make a bit more power with the vortex ignition, but even if it didn't, I still feel that it is a great product.

$400 is a lot of money, but if you already have an exhaust system and you have got your suspension set up professionally, the ignition is next on the list! Get your suspension set up first if you don't already as money is better spent there.

• DirtDawg

Posted June 04, 2006 - 12:41 PM

Matty05, Can you change between two settings while riding ?

I would like to be able to tame the throttle response down a little on my '04 when I get into some tighter 1st and 2nd gear woods sections.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted June 04, 2006 - 02:32 PM

Matty05, Can you change between two settings while riding ?

I would like to be able to tame the throttle response down a little on my '04 when I get into some tighter 1st and 2nd gear woods sections.

Yes you can, but do you want to tone down throttle response or power output?
I take it you don't want it to be explosive, instead want it to be tractable.

There is some real good torque settings in the thing, helps make short work of hills and boggy sand.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 05, 2006 - 06:59 PM

I have a Vortex CDI - x-10 3D and it also eliminates the steady throttle stutter from the TPS signal on the stock CDI.

Love the traction map on mud and nasty hill climbs!

• DirtDawg

Posted June 05, 2006 - 07:27 PM

Yes, not as explosive. The power is great except for those times when I get into single track like conditions. It likes to lift the front end at the worst times, like when the front should be on the ground helping to steer around the trees!

I didn't really know if you could easily switch between settings, one for the nasty stuff and another for open, fast conditions.

Thanks for the input.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.