strange exhaust on new 06 450

11 replies to this topic
  • dumper_uk

Posted June 03, 2006 - 10:42 AM

I just picked up an 06 yz450,its been used for 15 mins...the guy bought it after not riding for 20 odd yrs,fell off and broke his ribs and sold it to me...

The exhaust header looks like a powerbomb,but maybe bigger than your average fmf powerbomb but the same shape...it still has the original yamaha heat shield/guard fitted,which actuall goes over the powerbomb part,and the pipe looks like it is genuine yamaha .

The guy told me it was the same as yamaha fit to the limited edition models and it was on the bike when he bought it new,but I cant find the same pipe on any photo of a yz450f that I have looked at,I have even looked at all the GYTR stuff and not found a 'powerbomb ' style header..

does anyone have any ideas what it is? :applause: maybe its some kind of 'factory' pipe?

• cowboyona426

Posted June 03, 2006 - 11:07 AM

FMF has a new Megabomb header available, that's probably what it is. Go to www.fmfracing.com and dig around for pics of the Megabomb.

• Satch0922

Posted June 03, 2006 - 11:12 AM

pics man pics!

I just picked up an 06 yz450,its been used for 15 mins...the guy bought it after not riding for 20 odd yrs,fell off and broke his ribs and sold it to me...

The exhaust header looks like a powerbomb,but maybe bigger than your average fmf powerbomb but the same shape...it still has the original yamaha heat shield/guard fitted,which actuall goes over the powerbomb part,and the pipe looks like it is genuine yamaha .

The guy told me it was the same as yamaha fit to the limited edition models and it was on the bike when he bought it new,but I cant find the same pipe on any photo of a yz450f that I have looked at,I have even looked at all the GYTR stuff and not found a 'powerbomb ' style header..

does anyone have any ideas what it is? :applause: maybe its some kind of 'factory' pipe?

• dumper_uk

Posted June 03, 2006 - 11:33 AM

nahh..its not a megabomb...its same shape as a powerbomb but maybe not quite as 'finished'..looks more like it came out of the yamaha factory..
and the guy said it was on there when he had the bike new,,,,he only used it for 15 mins..the bike is 'as new'...

will post pics tomorow

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted June 03, 2006 - 11:55 AM

Well Yamaha has a new stock trick header they might be putting on the 2007 or 2008 models.......but I have know idea how this "guy" got it on his 06 yz450f....but lets see a pic.

• dumper_uk

Posted June 03, 2006 - 01:57 PM

ok..after more searching I have found what looks like it,only mine has a guard on it(looks like standard yamaha exhaust guard)....the only think is....its on stefan everts factory bike....

http://www.yamaha-ra...367&action=view

'Edited' -= scrub that...
just found it on the australian yamaha website - Posted Image

maybe my bike is an australian import?...imported alll the way to the UK???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • urla

Posted June 03, 2006 - 02:51 PM

"PowerBomd" is standard on the European 450's.

• GONE1445

Posted June 03, 2006 - 08:40 PM

are you serious why is it because of the sound or do you guys have more luck than us

• SureBlue

Posted June 03, 2006 - 10:00 PM

A simple quick search would tell you all. It is stock outside USA, very likely due to patent rights held by FMF on powerbomb. It smoothens and broadens the powerband and makes the bike quieter, although I cannot verify that as I have not tried a 2006 450f one without it.
http://www.thumperta...light=powerbomb

• cowboyona426

Posted June 06, 2006 - 08:43 PM

I'd like to get my hands on one of those... if any of you lucky enough to have one stock go to an aftermarket exhaust let me know what you would like for your stock "Powerbomb" header (good condition of course).

• stock510

Posted June 06, 2006 - 11:04 PM

I have the stock yamaha "powerbomb" on my beast, Australian delivered Yamahas have them and they look the goods. :applause: Yz450F 06s that is

• Matty05

Posted June 07, 2006 - 03:21 AM

"PowerBomd" is standard on the European 450's.

They are standard everywhere except USA! :D :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.