Big Bore ...

2 replies to this topic
  • BIGchiefKODIAK

Posted June 03, 2006 - 12:02 AM

Is it practical? What sort of gains do you receive all through low to high?, Dependable, Worth the money? Can you put a stroker on as well? I am just wondering what all you can do to the wr but keep it reliable and prolong its life. I was really thinking about the yz cam i do not want to do so much to my bike it destroys it. Any knowledgeable opinions are appreciated :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted June 03, 2006 - 01:21 PM

I put a Luke's Racing Big Bore Kit (98 mm 13.5:1 Wiseco piston, 444CCs) in my 01, along with hot cams. I did the hot cams before the big bore kit, and it really made a difference...a little more down low, a boat load in the middle (with a bigger hit), and a lot more on top. Plus, it got to the rev limiter a whole lot quicker. When I went to the big bore kit, the revs slowed down a little, but the power boost was HUGE. So much off the bottom that first gear became useless till I went up a tooth on the counter shaft sprocket! Worth the money? As a stand alone mod just because, though I love the extra power, I'd have to say it's only worth the bank for a racer. If you have to refresh the piston and cylinder anyway (as I had to), then it really isn't much more money over the cost of stock parts, and damn right it's worth every penny!

• MountainMax

Posted June 04, 2006 - 04:52 AM

I would love to see some HP and torque charts with a big bore installed so i can see were it makes more power and how much more...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.