When installing a Scotts oil filter on a yz426...

3 replies to this topic
  • dirtriderx99

Posted June 02, 2006 - 04:57 PM

Do I remove the blue seal in the back of filter cavity? It has two nipples that keep the filter from going in all the way. I searched and found nothing on this. Thanks

• FTT

Posted June 02, 2006 - 05:17 PM

On my 02 426 the original filter came out and left that part in the motor. The new oem filter has that as part of it. I would guess you need to remove it for any kind of filter swap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dsconstructs

Posted June 02, 2006 - 06:15 PM

Yes that gets removed for the Scott's filter.

• grayracer513

Posted June 02, 2006 - 06:31 PM

That's right. The Scotts uses one seal only at the outbaord end. Nothing gets sealed on the inboard end, anyway. That's just a base pad to help the OEM filters seal to the cover without putting too much pressure on their flimsy frame.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.