WR exhaust on YZ

4 replies to this topic
  • Riel250f

Posted June 02, 2006 - 09:32 AM

Anyone put a WR exhaust on there YZ?
What were the jetting changes needed?
Did you hate it or did it still have enough power?
I'm thinking of trying it stock and then if it sucks then
replacing the baffle with PMB Silent Insert....

Just quieting up my friends YZ 426 for the neighbors.
Thanks for any input.

• hedpi

Posted June 02, 2006 - 09:54 AM

i used one for a while, when i lended my exhaust to a friend of mine (who has a wr).

i didn't change the jetting as it was only for 1 weekend, but it didnt feel too rich.

i did hate it, hehe, but it was clearly a more "sociable" sound than the stock yz exhaust :applause: so the neighbours will sure be happy!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetbikePimp

Posted June 02, 2006 - 10:00 AM

I would try it with out changing the jetting and see how it runs. My guess is that you won't need to change anything. You probaly will notice a SMALL drop in power because the exhaust is restrictive compared to the YZ exhaust.

If the bike surges or hesitates at 3/4 to full throttle, then lower the needle one position.

• Jason_Roland

Posted June 02, 2006 - 01:48 PM

I have had a wr exhaust on my yz for 4 years now. I have a baffle in it the is called a vortip, it is less restrictive then a stock baffle. With a stock baffle in the wr exhaust it is to restrictive for the yz to run right. The baffle I have is no longer available but Yamaha has a GYT baffle that goes right in the wr exhaust and PMB also makes one. Either of those will help your yz breath better with the wr can on it. As far as jetting is concerned I went up one size on the pilot and run a stock main, needle,and I have a Zip Ty fuel screw.
I pass sound check here in Michigan at 89 dec. The power is a little flat on top bit the bottom gained some oomph.
Hope this helps! :applause:

• Riel250f

Posted June 03, 2006 - 04:49 PM

I have had a wr exhaust on my yz for 4 years now. I have a baffle in it the is called a vortip, it is less restrictive then a stock baffle. With a stock baffle in the wr exhaust it is to restrictive for the yz to run right. The baffle I have is no longer available but Yamaha has a GYT baffle that goes right in the wr exhaust and PMB also makes one. Either of those will help your yz breath better with the wr can on it. As far as jetting is concerned I went up one size on the pilot and run a stock main, needle,and I have a Zip Ty fuel screw.
I pass sound check here in Michigan at 89 dec. The power is a little flat on top bit the bottom gained some oomph.
Hope this helps! :prof:

Wow! Thanks for all the info!
:applause: :D

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.