• CampCounty4Fifty

Posted June 02, 2006 - 06:53 AM

quick question........

Will a petcock for a 02' WR426F, work on a 02' YZ426F. :applause:

Just needing to add the "reserve" feature for trail rides, etc. :D

( I searched and did not find this one)

• StreetbikePimp

Posted June 02, 2006 - 09:41 AM

I don't know if it would or not, but you would be able to tell easily enough by comparing the 2 parts side by side. Order the part and bring your old one into the dealer and compare the parts before you pay for them.

You could also call Pingel. They make aftermarket petcocks for dirt bikes. Ask them if there same part fits both a YZ and a WR.

• Birdy426

Posted June 02, 2006 - 03:15 PM

Yes, it will work. I put my WR petcock on a stock YZ tank (mine's an 01, but the 02's are the same) for a while 'till I got a 3.4 gal IMS...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Goosedog

Posted June 02, 2006 - 03:17 PM

I did the same swap, the WR petcock should run you around $20. Good piece of mind on the long trails. :applause:

• kid on a 426

Posted June 02, 2006 - 03:47 PM

Cool i was thinking of doing the exact same thing.

• cowboyona426

Posted June 02, 2006 - 08:21 PM

I still say "what's the point?" The only thing you will gain with the reserve is a "warning bell" so to speak, ie with the WR petcock in the "On" position when you run out you know you have X amount of time to get back to the truck. On my old 426 I knew about how far a tank would get me in miles (roughly 60) so if I was riding much more than that I knew I'd have to be careful or carry extra fuel with me. Save the $20 you'd spend on the petcock and get something more helpful IMO.

• Butta

Posted June 03, 2006 - 05:32 AM

I did it on my '98's.....maybe they have changed a little bit since then, but the WR straw was so long, that in the "ON" position I had about 1/3 of the tank before having to switch to the "RESERVE" position. The '98 WR's had a big tank with a low portion where the petcock went, and therefore needed the heighth to develop the capacity because the volume just wasn't there... hmm, hope that makes sense!!

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.