brush guards / 06 YZ450F

4 replies to this topic
  • gerald28

Posted June 01, 2006 - 09:18 PM

I just tried putting my Acerbis Rally Pro brush guards on my new 06 YZ450F and they did not fit well.

What guards to others use and like? I need full metal wrap around guards and not just roost protector, for when I "lean" on trees:) in tight spots.

Posted June 02, 2006 - 04:25 AM

I just put a set on last weekewnd on mine, the only issues were where the bar has a bend and a different O.D. you have to play with the clamps a little, and the left bar needs to go behined the number plate. What problems are you having?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Swanny40

Posted June 02, 2006 - 04:56 AM

I installed the Cycra Probend barkbusters on my '06 YZ450 and the fit was pretty nice. I would recommend them. Just make sure you get the ones for the ProTaper bars.

• cowboyona426

Posted June 02, 2006 - 08:15 PM

What bar setup are you running on your bike? I put the Rally Pro's on my 06 with Windham bars, 10mm risers, and GYT-R triple clamp mounts and to get them to fit right took some work... I had to straighten the inner end of the handguard to make them fit, and bend them down just slightly. If you want I can take pictures of my setup for you. Also, you are wasting your time with the standard inner mounts... first time you hit the dirt they will spin and you'll bend the handguards. Get some GYT-R or similar triple clamp mounts... much more sturdy. I probably should have gone with the Cycra's but I hate how big and clunky they look... Acerbis has a new handguard out but they were backordered when I ordered all my stuff. Any more questions feel free to give me a shout... I think once you get them tweaked a little you'll be really happy with them.

• SureBlue

Posted June 02, 2006 - 11:16 PM

I have Cycra's and just ordered the new solution system mount as the standard bar mount system is not good. Maybe I should have gone with the triple clamp mount, but I'll try this

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.