Radiator Guards?

26 replies to this topic
  • 04WR450F

Posted June 04, 2006 - 06:57 PM

Unabikers (in natural aluminum,) here too. Mine installed so easily, I thought I must have done something wrong, but nope I didn't. Great product!

• 5valve

Posted June 05, 2006 - 07:57 AM

5valve, nice job ! Thinking of doing something similar, could you give some details on them ? What did you use for the cross braces ? (threaded rods, tubing, ??).

Plates are 0.2in alu, distanced with 0.3in threaded rods.
left radiator 8 rods, right 7.

• redswr

Posted June 05, 2006 - 12:06 PM

i order some unabikers from TT hopefully they will be in today and then i can report on them for ya

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CJ06WR

Posted June 05, 2006 - 05:22 PM

I recently installed the unabiker's on my 06WR450. I haven't laid the bike down really hard to test their worthiness but them seem really strong and they look good too. However, I am disappointed in the fit and installation. For $100 bucks they sure as hell needed a lot massaging/tweaking to get everything to line up. I'm dreading taking them off when I add the Acerbis tank.

I am also a little disappointed in the blue anodized finish. Call me picky, but I thought the blue would at least match the bike.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 05, 2006 - 11:04 PM

I am also a little disappointed in the blue anodized finish. Call me picky, but I thought the blue would at least match the bike.

I am with you on that one. Its a very ugly blue. Glad my brother got them and I got black. :applause:

• CJ06WR

Posted June 06, 2006 - 12:59 PM

Black and Blue,

Black would have been they way to go or the good look of natural aluminum.
Anything would be better than the blue.

• redswr

Posted June 06, 2006 - 05:39 PM

i had the blue ones on order but they were on back order so i opted for the bare aluminum... hopefully i'll get them sometime

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.