recommendations for a replacement clutch cover

25 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted June 10, 2006 - 04:02 AM

I just ordered the cover from ebay also, same deal, gotta love it. I was sizing up my brake lever and i can see how it can easily hit the cover with a little stump thing, lol

• ARin

Posted June 14, 2006 - 10:45 PM

I got my CFC cover today and installed it...nice little piece...cheap protection! and it looks neat too!

• MountainMax

Posted June 15, 2006 - 08:44 AM

Great, can't wait to get mine, i compared ours to the XR650 and their engine is much higher and more protected from the brake lever...However the center of gravity is also higher because of this forsure........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • markvfr

Posted June 23, 2006 - 11:55 AM

Yep, finally got mine too, installed it and it works like a charm. I JB welded the small gash in the magnesium cover, gooped up the silicone on the CFC and voila! No leaks and already protected my cover from a slow laydown and the brake pedal.

Two thumbs up :excuseme: :bonk:

:busted:

• drtbk4ever

Posted June 23, 2006 - 12:03 PM

Yep, finally got mine too, installed it and it works like a charm. I JB welded the small gash in the magnesium cover, gooped up the [COLOR=Red]silicone[/COLOR] on the CFC and voila! No leaks and already protected my cover from a slow laydown and the brake pedal.

Two thumbs up :excuseme: :bonk:

:busted:

Hey Guys,

My CFC cover is on its way and I was wondering what you used to "silicone" it up?

Cheers.

• MountainMax

Posted June 23, 2006 - 05:30 PM

I just received my cover, and I used Clear RTV silicone, seems like a very strong item to protect our clutch covers 4sure, thanks for pointing them out to us :excuseme:

here is a pic installed

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.