MXA's response to 06 popping

4 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted June 01, 2006 - 06:42 AM

Dear MXA.
My 2006 YZ450F pops at low rpm, when decelerating with the throttle off and it doesn't want to idle. Also, it won't start without choke even when warm. Have you guys experienced something similar with this model?

Your problem is not uncommon and the fix is relatively simple. The standard pilot is 42. We have had luck fixing this problem with a 45, 48 or 50 pilot jet. The choice depends on how severe the problem is (you be the judge). We would start with a 48, since summer is coming, but order a 50 pilot for winter.

• grayracer513

Posted June 01, 2006 - 09:30 AM

Fits right in with Eddie Sisnero's recommendation of a 48 pilot for that bike. But the bike doesn't run right with the stock jetting anyway; it's way too lean (probably jetted for the Mt. Fuji hill climb). Regardless of the popping, the off-idle throttle response begs a fatter pilot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted June 01, 2006 - 11:34 AM

I agree Grey, I just do not get why they (Yami) would have settled on a 42 is not even close... :applause:

Posted June 01, 2006 - 11:45 AM

What issue is that one in? July? I havn't received mine in the mail yet.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 01, 2006 - 11:50 AM

What issue is that one in? July? I havn't received mine in the mail yet.

I found this here:

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.