I need a Zip Ty "Yamaha Link"

3 replies to this topic
  • DTYZ426

Posted May 31, 2006 - 10:05 PM

Apparently Zip Ty has put the Yamaha link on indefinite back order status. My stock linkage threads are stripped out.

2001 YZ426

Top dollar will be paid for new or used in very good condition

• buick

Posted June 01, 2006 - 02:22 PM

id recommend ebay, swingarms are cheap on there. I bought one complete for $10

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamieyz426f01

Posted June 01, 2006 - 03:23 PM

i stripped the threads on the part that connects the shock to the linkage, and got away with a slightly longer bolt and a nut on it.
p.s put lots of loctite on and mark the nut with something to see if it turns.

• DTYZ426

Posted June 01, 2006 - 10:32 PM

I actually did just that, took a grade 8 bolt, shaved the head of the bolt and nut down, red loctite. It's holding in there just fine. Did over 100 miles at pipi valley last weekend and everything looks good.

I still want to replace the part, I can get a new link from mrcycles.com for about $85.00 but would rather "upgrade" with the Zip Ty link if I could just find one.

Thanks for the tips

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.