Malcolm Smith DS ride: 11/11/01???

5 replies to this topic
  • Itsamre

Posted October 30, 2001 - 07:01 PM

Any so-cal TTers going to do this ride? It leaves from Glen Helen and up into the San Bernadino mtns.

• imported_Scott_H

Posted October 30, 2001 - 07:53 PM

I will be going if my work schedule allows. I'll keep you posted.

• yzernie

Posted October 30, 2001 - 09:35 PM

I would like to go but I have to get my fork seals fixed and get the rear rim trued. Hopefully my work schedule will allow me time to get this stuff done. I live about 20 minutes from Glen Helen.

What is the cost??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GPS Dual Sport

Posted October 31, 2001 - 11:03 AM

If you fax you entry into Malcolm Smith Motorsports before this Saturday it's $50 and you get a clean T-shirt.
After Saturday it's $55 and no T-shirt.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted October 31, 2001 - 01:32 PM

Save your money

I rode the MSM ride in '97(?) & I wasn't impressed. That year it started at Gilman Springs Rd (?) and ran up to the Idlewyld area. Lot's of fireroad, a few miles of good trail. I've also ridden the Pediatric Brain Tumor DS out of Glen Helen and wouldn't do it again except that it's a good cause. Went up towards Hesperia on the west side of 15, crossed over 15 to Silverwood Lake for lunch. Around Silverwood and up/over Kleghorn back down to Glen Helen on the fireroads/two track on the east side of 15. Unless they've opened up some new trails I wouldn't bother with the MSM ride.

• MojaveMutt

Posted November 01, 2001 - 05:12 AM

I have to agree. 50-55 dollars to ride that crap the forest service offers up there? Come on, give me a break. I live real close to these mountains on the desert side and will take anyone on a much better ride for nothing.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.