Removing whole Baffle from 06 450 Exhaust

3 replies to this topic
  • GasBoySun

Posted May 31, 2006 - 02:13 PM

Is it possisble to remove the whole baffle from the exhaust or will this cause major problems?

• MountainMax

Posted May 31, 2006 - 02:30 PM

there are actualy two baffle plates in these mufflers, I removed the rear one, once i removed the tailpipe inner housing, and there is one in even further, there are lots of info and pics here on this subject. I removed one baffle and put on pro moto billet and it sounds ok, with everything out i guess it would sound closer to a YZ.... jet up and you should be good to go

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MadAboutWR450

Posted May 31, 2006 - 07:23 PM

Once you remove one or two of the baffles, do you know what kind of horsepower gain is achieved? Will I notice any horsepower gain? I just got my bike and I'm still breaking it in. -Should be officially through my first tank of gas this weekend. :applause:

• odonnks

Posted June 01, 2006 - 02:05 AM

Here is a recent thread that talks about this. There are also links to older threads that have pics of the internals.
Start with the first plate and try it out... Will prob be real loud with none.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.