2002 YZ426f Exhaust Cam

3 replies to this topic
  • sheriffwoody

Posted May 31, 2006 - 12:47 PM

I have one of these exhaust cams laying around and would love to put it in my 05 WR450. Is the '02 426 cam the same as the newer YZ450 cam? If not what cam should I look for for my WR?

• pjmetro

Posted May 31, 2006 - 01:25 PM

I do not think the 02 YZ cam will work. It doesn't have the right decompression lobe for the E Start on our WR's. Get the 05 YZ ex cam (OEM) from TT about $90. I hope to have mine running with the YZ cam tomorrow.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted May 31, 2006 - 08:35 PM

If you really want a beast, the 03 cam is what you want. Weren't the YZ 450fs their wildest in 03?

• byggd

Posted June 01, 2006 - 04:05 AM

I have one of these exhaust cams laying around and would love to put it in my 05 WR450. Is the '02 426 cam the same as the newer YZ450 cam? If not what cam should I look for for my WR?

As already stated the 02 didn't have an auto decompression cam so if you install it your magic e-button won't work. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.