Best Chinese Bike on the market?

34 replies to this topic
  • Malathion

Posted May 31, 2006 - 12:23 PM

Don't want one but if you had to get one, no other options, what are the best Chinese dirt bikes you've seen.

Here are my two.

I've also seen a 230 in the same frame as the 200 listed above but can't find the link.

I don't want bunch of crap for this. This is purely hypothetical.

• Danomite2

Posted May 31, 2006 - 01:04 PM

Take the 150. It's about $100 per HP. Just stay off the hills.

• Ohbowhntr

Posted May 31, 2006 - 01:20 PM

Neither, both are smallish bikes, the size if an XR100. If I were buying another, I'd go with another Roketa at this point, because most of the guys I've heard from that have Roketa specifically have been happy with them. :applause: :D :prof:

• Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted May 31, 2006 - 01:59 PM

Not one of your choices, but I'd buy a used mid eighties air cooled honda xr first, and be saving money at that. :applause:

• Just034

Posted May 31, 2006 - 02:10 PM

I second that. My buddy just bought a 94 XR250 with 3K in very good condition for 800 with helmet boots and gloves it runs like a top. The build quality of the honda is excellent the cost is cheaper and it is easy to get parts. I would take a used "has been" over a new "never was" any day.

• Alyx

Posted May 31, 2006 - 02:25 PM

Don't want one but if you had to get one, no other options, what are the best Chinese dirt bikes you've seen.

Here are my two.

I've also seen a 230 in the same frame as the 200 listed above but can't find the link.

Thats funny stuff, I checked out venom motors for the first time a little over a year ago. Their products have come a long way in just one year. On the 200 the frame is the first thing I noticed then the fork guards and no "popoids" on the front shocks. the engine is cleaned up, brake lines are run better, the bike isnt a half bad deal, and it has a warantee. the price has almost doubled but heck I guess if they are standing behind their products why not. I would expect these "bikes" to reach a decent grade of riding acceptability in the next couple of years.

• Alyx

Posted May 31, 2006 - 02:26 PM

Here are my two.

Looking at the responses it amazing how many people didnt read what you actually posted :applause:

• Malathion

Posted May 31, 2006 - 03:06 PM

Looking at the responses it amazing how many people didnt read what you actually posted :applause:

Me too! I guess they don't teach reading comprehension in most of U.S.

• mauricedorris

Posted May 31, 2006 - 05:46 PM

I second that. My buddy just bought a 94 XR250 with 3K in very good condition for 800 with helmet boots and gloves it runs like a top. The build quality of the honda is excellent the cost is cheaper and it is easy to get parts. I would take a used "has been" over a new "never was" any day.

As much as I look, I never find an xr250 for that amount of money. What is realistic is to pay about $2K for a xr250, at least where I live.

I think most of those chinese bikes are about the same. Just look at them and you guys will see.

So the brand doesn't matter because you can get parts from any of those chinese companies. On my chinese atv, I get parts from anyone. They are all the same and that is easy to see.

• HrcRacing

Posted May 31, 2006 - 08:04 PM

"Don't want one but if you had to get one, no other options"

Hypothetical or not, in all honesty, I'd quit riding first. So, my answer is that I would get neither.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Malathion

Posted May 31, 2006 - 08:36 PM

Hypothetical or not, in all honesty, I'd quit riding first. So, my answer is that I would get neither.

I didn't expect that! :applause:

• Ohbowhntr

Posted May 31, 2006 - 08:45 PM

"Don't want one but if you had to get one, no other options"

Sounds like someone choked on his little silver spoon that was stuck up his.......... :p :applause: :prof: :lol:

Maybe you should be a budget!!! I am, and that is why I bought what I did. With a baby on the way, and being a responsible adult, I decided that rather than empty out some of my savings, or get a loan, I'd buy a bike cash out, and not have to worry about making payments of depleting my savings. Did I take a risk??? Sure, but it, too, was a calculated risk, that thus far has been enjoyable and without regrets.
:D :bonk: :prof:

• mauricedorris

Posted May 31, 2006 - 10:05 PM

You sound like those harley guys that "supposedly" don't wave to the guys riding the honda-davidson clones. Made in America, right?

Except you are loyal to "made in japan"

I have a friend that rides an old 73 suzuki 370 smoker that runs great but looks like hell. He only paid $300 for it. But you know what, he has the exact same fun that I have at a 95% discount. In some respects, he's doing better than me!

I am willing to bet that clone will run just fine. I haven't heard any stories of those things falling apart and leaving the rider stranded out on the trail. It only needs hand guards and new tires, just like you'd do with a new honda.

It doesn't matter what you ride, it only matters "that you ride". :applause:

PS: not picking on harley riders. I said "supposedly" because its only a rumor and not true. whether or not they wave has nothing to do with the bike you ride.

• proud_2_ride

Posted May 31, 2006 - 11:08 PM

OK i live in Australia, and my dad just bought all new bikes and they all are really good mine is a yamoto 125 pit bike, my brothers is a tt-r 90 replica, and his is a shinaray 200 they r all good good power from any of them so if u can't afford a brand new Honda or something get one then move up to a better bike like i am doing

• GYS CRF450 ZA

Posted May 31, 2006 - 11:43 PM

The chinese pit bikes seem ok, but I've seen and ridden some absolute hardcore bull$hit 4-wheelers from china. They're called the Rustler around here, and are more at the repair shop than with its owners. I'd 100 times rather buy an old TRX or an XR than a brand new Chinese bike.

• gp199

Posted June 01, 2006 - 01:41 AM

i'd go for a pitbike either a motovert or a thumpstar

• HrcRacing

Posted June 01, 2006 - 07:55 AM

"Sounds like someone choked on his little silver spoon that was stuck up his..."

Wow, you couldn't be further off if you tried. When I buy a new bike, I have to scrape and save, sell stuff, whatever it takes to get it. If you look at my signature, you'll see that I own a '03 CRF450R, so there's no silver spoon or anything else stuck up my :applause: .

Actually, I didn't say anything negative about the bikes or the people who buy them so why the panty wadding? :lol:

My "opinion" is that, if they were the only option, I would opt to ride nothing. I'm sick of the oversaturation of Chinese products in this country and I wouldn't add to it by buying a Chinese bike.

Often we have no choice but to buy Chinese, but that's not the case here. If it were, at this point, I'd hang up the Alpinestars.

If you like them, buy them. I have no problem with that. :D

"It doesn't matter what you ride, it only matters "that you ride"."

Well put! :prof: :prof: :bonk:

• Ohbowhntr

Posted June 01, 2006 - 09:43 AM

My "opinion" is that, if they were the only option, I would opt to ride nothing. I'm sick of the oversaturation of Chinese products in this country and I wouldn't add to it by buying a Chinese bike.

Often we have no choice but to buy Chinese, but that's not the case here.

"It doesn't matter what you ride, it only matters "that you ride"."

Well put! :applause: :D :prof:

I agree that we are "oversaturated" with Chinese products, but as I see it, I'm better off dropping $1000 into the Chinaman's hand than $5000 in a Jap's. I am a true Buy-American type, from my Dodge Truck, my OLD Rocky boots, my arrows, and most of my hunting equipment and wares, but I couldn't see dropping $5000 on a bike that was also foreign If our government placed tarriffs on products to level the playing field like other governments do, JAPAN esp.(a Ford Taurus costs like $40k there!!!!!), you'd see far less foreign products. At 70mpg, the bike I bought will pay for itself in 2 summers of commuting,(Saved nearly $100 in fuel already in just one month) which rationalized the purchase to me, otherwise, I'd not even have one. I'd have buy a quad for $5000 though, because I can rationalize its uses around a farm, carting out deer, towing wagons, etc, the bke I couldn't rationalize, until I had one. Now I would consider buying a more expensive and "better" Jap-bike, but that may be a while, and I may have a hard time spending the big money on something beyond my needs. Check this out: http://www.hondashop...?idx=374&Honda=
My bike is very similar to this, all the way down to the near "bullet-proof" Honda-alike 2 valve 200cc engine with the exact same bore and stroke, carb, and even valve settings. So for $1100 delivered, I didn't think I could possible go that wrong.

Sorry, now that I understand better, the insult was more than a bit uncalled for. :prof:

• The_Dude

Posted June 01, 2006 - 09:47 AM

I wouldn't quit riding, but I would rather buy a clapped out used Honda.

• pullin-gs

Posted June 01, 2006 - 10:54 AM

I've got two American Flags stuck on my bike....one on the front light faring and the other on the left side.
That's more red/white/blue than is on the three Harleys in my neighborhood combined! :applause:

Pullin'

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.