Clarke tank, What seat do I need?

6 replies to this topic
  • Tsk350

Posted May 30, 2006 - 11:55 PM

Hi I was wondering what seat to put on my 2003 WR450 with a Clarke Tank? Do I use a YZ seat or can I usr my stocker?

• byggd

Posted May 31, 2006 - 03:40 AM

I think I depends on if you order a yz or wr tank :applause: If you get a yz tank (which I recommend) you WILL need a new seat. :D

• vorra65

Posted May 31, 2006 - 03:55 AM

Hi I was wondering what seat to put on my 2003 WR450 with a Clarke Tank? Do I use a YZ seat or can I usr my stocker?

Doesn't the tank have two different threaded holes for the seat stud?

I just bought a Clarke for my 04WR/05YZ Hannah conversion, and it has two places to mount the seat post.

If you want to make sure, call Clarke-good people. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tsk350

Posted May 31, 2006 - 04:08 AM

Is the seat stud the only difference? Or are the two seats different angles? :applause:

• Tsk350

Posted May 31, 2006 - 04:11 AM

I think I depends on if you order a yz or wr tank :applause: If you get a yz tank (which I recommend) you WILL need a new seat. :D

They list there tank as one in the same YZ/WR 450 03/05. So im confused.

• vorra65

Posted May 31, 2006 - 06:42 AM

Is the seat stud the only difference? Or are the two seats different angles? :applause:

I do think the physical attributes of the two seats are different. I bought an all black SDG YZF seat for my project, and it does look different. The YZ seat goes further up (longer) on the tank.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• byggd

Posted May 31, 2006 - 07:15 AM

They list there tank as one in the same YZ/WR 450 03/05. So im confused.

These guys seem to have the best prices. According to their description you will need to use YZ shrouds but they don't mention needing a new seat :applause: I'd give them a call to confirm.
http://www.justgasta...type=1&model=54

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.