Quickshot instructions?

4 replies to this topic
  • flintlock28

Posted May 30, 2006 - 03:40 PM

A co-worker sold me his used Boyesen Quickshot for $ 45.

I don't really notice any Bog on my bike stock, (2004 YZ 450f) but I figured for that price, I can always resell it and recover my money if it doesn't make any improvements. I didn't get any directions, so I'm wondering if anybody could post them, so if it needs to be "tweeked", I'll know what to do.

thanks,

Don
:applause:

• snowboardstylee

Posted May 30, 2006 - 11:51 PM

simple. remove old AC pump cover. be carful about the small blk o ring. that is in the recess.

reinstall AC pump cover making sure o ring is seated properly a dab of greese will keep it in place if your having trouble and tighten properly. . .

easy to do on the bike. loosen clams at both ends of your carb. tilt the carb to get access to the 3 screws. wouldnt hurt to install an adjustable fuel screw while your there. Stealth racing makes a awsome titanium one with a stainless spring that has one more coil in it to keep it from backing out under heavy vibration.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted May 31, 2006 - 12:33 PM

Did you get the Accel pump feeler guage?

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted May 31, 2006 - 02:35 PM

Did you get the Accel pump feeler guage?

You don't have to worry about adjusting the timing screw like the directions indicate as long as you havn't messed with it before and it is still at stock settings. Just bolt on the Quickshot in place of the old accelerator pump cover (be careful with the o-ring) and turn the fuel screw a 1/2 turn.

Doug

• flintlock28

Posted May 31, 2006 - 03:36 PM

Thanks for the replies..... I guess you mean to turn the fuel screw in to lean it out a half a turn??

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.