Got New Frame Guards From Universal Today. Pics

4 replies to this topic
  • ADVnaut

Posted May 30, 2006 - 03:05 PM

I was going to bring the Boer's thread on frame guards back from the dead, but I figured it was heated enough the first time. I got these carbon guards from Universal on eBay for $34 after shipping. They fit great and look like they will protect pretty decent. They came with a thick pad of air filter like foam that was their packing material. I split it down the length to make a backing for the guards. The only thing I had to get was a longer M8 X 1.25 bolt for the shifter side guard

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm not trying to pimp their products, I was just stoked at the deal. What do y'all think?http://cgi.ebay.com/...me=STRK:MEWN:IT
The '03-'05 YZ450 Guards are the ones that work on the WR450's

Scott

• johnnyjeep

Posted May 30, 2006 - 04:50 PM

This may sound a little foolish, but, is that a high impact area that needs protecting? Ive been out of dirtbikes for a long time, but I cant remember damaging that area and I have damaged many bikes. They look good.

John in Vegas

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted May 30, 2006 - 05:31 PM

Well the paint is rubbing off mine in that area from my motorbike boots, it would help protect that area forsure.

• johnnyjeep

Posted May 30, 2006 - 06:09 PM

I just checked the RM and the paint is gone. Good point. Never much cared about that stuff, but now that you made me notice it, it will start bothering me. Thanks...

John in Vegas

• HappyG

Posted May 30, 2006 - 06:26 PM

This may sound a little foolish, but, is that a high impact area that needs protecting? Ive been out of dirtbikes for a long time, but I cant remember damaging that area and I have damaged many bikes. They look good.

John in Vegas

basically the right side is more to protect the brake master. like you said been riding bikes for 35 years havent had my boot rub through a frame yet. but i does protect the paint. i just keep the stock ones.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.