aftermarket carburetor

5 replies to this topic
  • drfeelgood824

Posted May 30, 2006 - 03:05 PM

I saw that Edelbrock makes and aftermarket Carb for the 99 yz400...is it worth it...when compared to stock...

i've been searching on google...but haven't found any other companies making carbs for this yr...

..btw, anyone looking to part with a keihin fcr 39h....

• buick

Posted May 30, 2006 - 03:21 PM

totally worth it, night and day difference. there is no bog at all, instant response

• wobblyknobby

Posted May 31, 2006 - 12:26 AM

a friend of mine had an edelbrock carb on his bike...it sucked....bad...just get the stock yz carb working right.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetbikePimp

Posted May 31, 2006 - 10:08 AM

Save the money and tune/adjust the carb you got. It's perfectly capable and you're not going to see any performance gains with an aftermarket unless you go with a bigger diameter. Even then your gains will be minimal.

There's no guarantee that the Edlebrock carb is going work any better then your stock carb. It would have to be tuned or adjusted as well.

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted May 31, 2006 - 02:49 PM

What's wrong with the stock Keihin? A carb is a carb, if the jetting and tuning isn't right...the bike will run like crap. Buying a whole new carburetor will not fix your problems. The only bike I have seen real gains with using an Edelbrock carburetor is the Honda XR600/650.

Doug

• Chas_M

Posted May 31, 2006 - 05:34 PM

The stock Keihin FCR carb is among the best there is. It are much better than the Edelbrock with more adjustments available to fine tune all throttle openings from idle, to off idle, to midrange, etc.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.