put lights on yz426?

28 replies to this topic
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted June 01, 2006 - 11:49 AM

the lights arnt susposed to draw much juce.

Thats good cause a YZ426 has no stator in it to provide power to lights. If you want lights you need a WR426 stator, flywheel, and a voltage regulator. Hand over $300+ just so you can light up your little LED's.

• getdrunk

Posted June 02, 2006 - 05:25 AM

Thats good cause a YZ426 has no stator in it to provide power to lights. If you want lights you need a WR426 stator, flywheel, and a voltage regulator. Hand over $300+ just so you can light up your little LED's.

the battory should stay charged for a long time cause i would only be using the lights mabey 2 hours a week.

yesterday i started doing the stuff. i got teh battory munted in front. alot of people with 400ex's want to do that but dont know how t oand it was easy for me. all it took for me was drilling 2 holes in the barroty box and its mounted under the front plastec.

sinse i have no fueses i keep melting metal. all of a sudden ill mess up onsumthin and then ill go zzzzzzzzzz and a bunch of sparks go flyen. one whire got so hot teh rubber melted.

when i had the lights hooked up to the 400ex i had em wear they go on by turning my light switch on. now the light switch is sold so i mounted a little flip switch thing in my handle bar pad.

im trying to figer out wear i want to stick the little lights. a nuther one broke so im down to 5 lights now.
1 red flasher
1 blue that stays lit
3 blue strobs\

i kinda want to hook up one in the pipe

so far i have one hooked up under front plastic and 1 hooked up by the motor on the top water spout thing. i want to get one hooked up by my rear so it shows the crome. the one hooiked in front makes the bumper look real nice at night.

• getdrunk

Posted June 02, 2006 - 05:42 AM

Damn that sucks. What if you tried to be really fast with that disposable camera. You know like click it then wind it up super fast then click again. If you did that enough times you should catch diffrent lights on at diffrent times. We might be able to see all the lights then. You still have snow on the ground up there? I wanted to see some of those in the snow. Damn might have to wait until next year :applause:
The tape record and tv thing might work. Might get those snow lines across the screen if you pause it though. That would really suck.

its a digital camera
no snow here but when we had it i would go out at night and spinn around in the snow and it would go flying behind me and their would red and blue for about 10ft far and high of coler in the air.

i couldnt get through much snow cause i had a little under 4 inches of gc and the way the swing arm was angled made all teh weight go to teh back bottom of teh frame and the rear tires had bairly any pressure on em. wit hthat set up i couldnt even pull a wheelie on a dry black top road. i would let the clutch out and teh tires would just spin. wonce i raised the ride hight all the way to a huge 13 inches gc i could pull them then. if i brought teh gc down even to 11inches the tires would just spin and not lif the front on black top. i would get stuck in 1 inch of snow. even if we just plowed are drive way and their was only the smooth stuff on it i would not be able to moove. so sinse i cant drive in winter realy i ripped the motor out and sold a bunch of stuff to build a hybrid.

• racinteach

Posted June 03, 2006 - 05:08 PM

I thinking 3rd grade maybe 4th ...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GONE1445

Posted June 03, 2006 - 08:03 PM

yea get a picture of the light in the exhaust of that 426 motor you got there it wont melt

• odlaw19

Posted June 04, 2006 - 12:11 AM

I think you need to change your name to "alwaysdrunk".

do you have anything to do from 9-5 Mon-Fri??????????

• Zique

Posted June 04, 2006 - 12:59 PM

Oh great...not another one. The infamous 15 yr old drunk fellow.

• getdrunk

Posted June 14, 2006 - 08:10 PM

Oh great...not another one. The infamous 15 yr old drunk fellow.

not 15 im 16.
jus the last monday and tuesday i was in mulwaki wisconsin.(spelt supper bad)

i couldnt drink cause my mom said i can never do it again til im 18. well i get it my self any ways. i go sit at gas stattions and ask people i dont know if thy can buy me some and ill pay em whe nthey come out. just tuesday a black guy was coming to a gas station. i was like can you do me a favor. he like sure. then i like you over 21? he like yeah but i cant help you their. then he sais you shouldnt be asking me that im a police oficer and he showd his badg. he was off duty but had his badg. then i showd him my badg too that i found on the road. mine was plastic. then he left and so did me n my friends cause we thought he might call up a cop to keep a eye on us sinse we were trying to get the alochol.

on monday when we did get it we took over a skat park and spilt stuff all over it and did some bad stuff. then a cop pulled up and we ran befor he could see us. then i puked from running.

its fun in big towns. every one yelling out their cars at me n my friends. gangs. people throwing fire works out their cars. tuns of blacks. tuns of girls. it all good. :excuseme:

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted June 14, 2006 - 08:21 PM

not 15 im 16.
jus the last monday and tuesday i was in mulwaki wisconsin.(spelt supper bad)

i couldnt drink cause my mom said i can never do it again til im 18. well i get it my self any ways. i go sit at gas stattions and ask people i dont know if thy can buy me some and ill pay em whe nthey come out. just tuesday a black guy was coming to a gas station. i was like can you do me a favor. he like sure. then i like you over 21? he like yeah but i cant help you their. then he sais you shouldnt be asking me that im a police oficer and he showd his badg. he was off duty but had his badg. then i showd him my badg too that i found on the road. mine was plastic. then he left and so did me n my friends cause we thought he might call up a cop to keep a eye on us sinse we were trying to get the alochol.

on monday when we did get it we took over a skat park and spilt stuff all over it and did some bad stuff. then a cop pulled up and we ran befor he could see us. then i puked from running.

its fun in big towns. every one yelling out their cars at me n my friends. gangs. people throwing fire works out their cars. tuns of blacks. tuns of girls. it all good. :excuseme:

Dude... You like to hear yourself type and talk to much... give it up... Search the YZ posts for lights AND YZ426... Move on....

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.