Spokes...are the stock ones good....?

3 replies to this topic
  • bluerock5

Posted May 30, 2006 - 11:21 AM

I've busted a few spokes on the rear wheel - should I just use Honda replacement spokes or are there better ones out there........Thanks

• TimBrp

Posted May 30, 2006 - 12:00 PM

Much better ones out there, IMO. I believe excel and bulldog(sp?) make replacements. I know the excels should fit the stock hubs w/out issue but not sure on the bulldogs. Sometimes you have to drill out the stock hub slots a tad for the bigger spokes to fit. I just replaced the honda ones when I had my tires off to change but that became irritating so I just up and splurged on the excel rims and spokes front and rear. No problems since, w/ good maintenance habits.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Potts228

Posted May 30, 2006 - 01:01 PM

Buchanans! They have been doing spokes forever...you can't go wrong. Their web site isn't that friendly so I would call them and tell them what you need.

http://www.buchananspokes.com/

• cleonard

Posted May 30, 2006 - 02:54 PM

I've busted a few spokes on the rear wheel - should I just use Honda replacement spokes or are there better ones out there........Thanks

If the spokes broke without a massive hit, then they were most likely just too tight. That's what happened to me. After replacing the broken spoke, I carefully went around the wheel resetting the spoke tension. No more broken in the 2 years since. If you took a big hit to break the spokes, then I would expect your rim to be bent from the impact as well.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.