YZ Carbs Better than WR??

5 replies to this topic
  • SoCalWR426

Posted October 30, 2001 - 09:01 AM

With all we have to do to WR carbs to make them perform, would we be better off trying to get a YZ carb from our crotch rocket friends on the YZ Page?
I'm waiting for my 2002 WR426 & already have Canadian 2002 YZF426 pipe
and will need YZ jetting & needle info.I will be doing Grey Wire, YZ timeing,Airbox cover,Bk mod.Throttle stop. And hopefully you guy's can help me get there.
Thanks
Mike

• mcarp

Posted October 30, 2001 - 09:39 AM

YZ carb: $800
New jets/needles: Appx $40-50 for a good selection.

Dialing in either carb: Priceless.

The carb is very easy to work on. Look at some jetting threads and learn what you need to do.

The YZ carb's settings are not infalible. Many folks change them as well to suite their jetting/altitude/pipe, etc.

• lewichris

Posted October 30, 2001 - 11:10 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by mcarp:
YZ carb: $800
New jets/needles: Appx $40-50 for a good selection.

Dialing in either carb: Priceless.

The carb is very easy to work on. Look at some jetting threads and learn what you need to do.

The YZ carb's settings are not infalible. Many folks change them as well to suite their jetting/altitude/pipe, etc.
[/QUOTE]
that is classic. i am laughing my ass over here. Priceless. good one man. good one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DOC

Posted October 30, 2001 - 12:25 PM

eh, i don't get it, whats so funny?
Anyway, once you install a YZ needle (if needed) and re-jet to suit your enviroment (needs to be done to either carb), you just need to block the air bypass valve if you chose to run YZ timing. Once thats done, what is the difference between a YZ carb and a WR carb? None, i think.

• Stefe9999

Posted October 30, 2001 - 01:38 PM

SoCal,
Just curious, why did you get a Canadian pipe? I have one too, and my bike runs way better with it. I'm about to do a bunch of jetting experiments with it.

Oops! I just noticed you got a YZ Canadian pipe. nevermind.

-Stef

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: Stefe9999 ]

• SoCalWR426

Posted October 30, 2001 - 03:14 PM

Mcarp your killing me, I bet you were that kid who sat in the back of the class and made all those weird noises.
Well,me too, Thanks for the laugh... :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.