Xr 650R Mods

5 replies to this topic
  • philipstjohn

Posted May 29, 2006 - 10:16 AM

It seems you can take a stock bike, do the air box mods/+ filter, carb jetting, manifold intake, and tail pipe change out to get the bike going. My question is, has anyone drilled out the tail pipe vs purchasing the new one? Is there any difference in performance or noise level? It seems easy, and worth saving the 200+ for the part. Please let me know. Thanks :applause:

• Supplicate

Posted May 29, 2006 - 10:38 AM

A lot of people drill them out. I drilled my own out before I purchased the Barnum's Pro Exhaust.

IIRC, there was a thread discussing sound level and power differences between drilled out and HRC tips, should turn up in a search.

• Ramcc4x4

Posted May 31, 2006 - 05:41 AM

The drilled out tip is noticeably quieter than the HRC tip but does not flow as well. When I briefly tried it I had to go to a smaller main jet with the drilled tip.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted May 31, 2006 - 06:00 AM

I did not like the sound of the drilled out tip..... :applause:

• creeky

Posted May 31, 2006 - 08:26 AM

The drilled stocker works very well on my son's BRP, but it is a bit loud.

• Ramcc4x4

Posted May 31, 2006 - 02:19 PM

I did not like the sound of the drilled out tip..... :applause:

Same here. In fact, I couldn't stand it!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.