Oil burning question....................

1 reply to this topic
  • Longtimeyamahaguy

Posted May 29, 2006 - 04:31 AM

I`m posting this here because back in the mid 80`s there was no WR`s but TT`s instead. Bike history is I`m the original owner of a 1986 TT350, I rode the bike hard but never abused it for 2 seasons. Then the bike did some major sit time and was ridden a few times around 92-93, this is when it started burning oil. The bike has sat again until now. I have had a vavle job done, new vavle seals, replaced the rings and honed the cyl (cyl was not worn at all). Upon tearing down the engine I found the rings to be worn bad and the oil ring really worn. Now it`s all back together and I`m thinking how great having my old bike is being restored and not burning oil again. My question(s) is, have any of you current WR owners come from the later TT`s of yesteryear and seen, heard of or had a oil burner TT? I`m at a loss right now as to what else could cause it to smoke like a 2stroke. I expected some smoke at startup with all the oiling I did when I re-assembled it but the smoking never stopped. It`s like I didn`t do a thing to it..................

Kinda frustrated :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nitronaf

Posted May 29, 2006 - 02:26 PM

yup i had a 91 model tt250 that i some how blew up (my god these things were bullet proof) instead of a rebuild i decided to build a tt350 head onto it (same bolt patterns) later on i got a 2001 model ttr250 up until this year i got a wr450

smoke like u describe sounds like bad ring gap
btw i do believe ur in the wrong forum hehe
there is a ttr forum ^^

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.